Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 27 of 27
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Visiting Austin 10/15. Would love to ride with people

  1. #21
    MoJo Cardinal csmceuen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Austin, Tx
    Posts
    414
    Quote Originally Posted by dsc View Post
    Bicycle Sport Shop near Lamar and Barton Springs is your best bet for renting within riding distance of the greenbelt. I'd go with a Remedy or Stumpjumper, though a Camber or Fuel would also work.
    This means a good 30+ mile ride to hit the good stuff on the other end. Fun ride, but something to keep in mind. Don't do it during a peak hipster hiking time though. You will be stopping every 3 feet and thanking people until you loose your voice...

  2. #22
    dsc
    dsc is offline
    MoJo Priest dsc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    74
    Yeah forgot to mention that - add 15 miles round trip of out and back on the main trail to get to the good stuff. The main trail doesn't suck, but it can be crowded and the stuff you'll ride at the west end is better. Honestly the best thing would be to drive to the trailhead, if able.

  3. #23
    MoJo Neophyte AlliKat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by dsc View Post
    Yeah forgot to mention that - add 15 miles round trip of out and back on the main trail to get to the good stuff. The main trail doesn't suck, but it can be crowded and the stuff you'll ride at the west end is better. Honestly the best thing would be to drive to the trailhead, if able.
    I have a rental car and can make it work to drive to trail head.

    Any specific shops? Any sponsor BikeMojo?

  4. #24
    MoJo Cardinal csmceuen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Austin, Tx
    Posts
    414
    Quote Originally Posted by AlliKat View Post
    I have a rental car and can make it work to drive to trail head.

    Any specific shops? Any sponsor BikeMojo?
    For close to the greenbelt your best bet is going to be Bicycle Sport Shop. Cycle progression and The Peddler have a pretty stellar rental fleet however if you happen to be more north of town.

    Wish I could show you around, but unfortunately my bike is currently on its way back from Moab and wont be back until after this weekend.

  5. #25
    Mojo Bike Part Terminator Seths Pool's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    austin
    Posts
    3,091
    just found out yesterday that im going to Angelfire this weekend! so count me out. sorry!

    but have a good ride!
    "Less yap more braap"

    "Strava is like Tinder for bros"

  6. #26
    MoJo Cardinal csmceuen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Austin, Tx
    Posts
    414
    Quote Originally Posted by Seths Pool View Post
    just found out yesterday that im going to Angelfire this weekend! so count me out. sorry!

    but have a good ride!
    #sorrynotsorry

  7. #27
    dab dab faceplant cramsay3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    440
    Ride report, @AlliKat? And don't feel you need to hold back on how freakin' awesome Austin is.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Search tags for this page (caching method: table)

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •