Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Dammit Seth!

  1. #1
    Novice Narwhal ericandrewscott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Austin, United States
    Posts
    493

    Dammit Seth!

    Thought you guys might get a kick out of this one. In retrospect, I should have committed and not grabbed a handful of brake when Seth told me to hold up.


  2. #2
    MoJo Mother Superior First Blood's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,331
    Quote Originally Posted by ericandrewscott View Post
    Thought you guys might get a kick out of this one. In retrospect, I should have committed and not grabbed a handful of brake when Seth told me to hold up.

    I saw this at his house. That sucks! Funny to watch though

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Supporting Member
    MoJo SuppoRteR
    TheX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Pflugerville
    Posts
    292
    I got cold just watching it. Nice job on the video for sure!!!
    Spicewookie likes this.

  4. #4
    MoJo Mother Superior Morealice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In Orbit
    Posts
    2,031
    Yeah one of my friends used to yell “heads up!” When entering technical stuff. Granted, he is a much better rider, but I finally had to ask him to let me crash or survive on my own merit. Now, he doesn’t say anything at all; he just stops and turns around so he can watch me eat shit. Much more entertaining that way.

  5. #5
    MoJo Bishop biga9999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Cedar Park
    Posts
    221
    Sploosh

  6. #6
    MoJo MoFo skoofer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    ATX
    Posts
    949
    Haha, that's awesome! Little did he know that by trying to get you to wait so he could record potential carnage he in fact caused some carnage. Digging you videos man, subscribed on the youtubes.
    "The dude abides"

  7. #7
    Supporting Member
    MoJo SuppoRteR
    FJsnoozer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    2,026
    Get this man to 1000 subscribers!

  8. #8
    Novice Narwhal ericandrewscott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Austin, United States
    Posts
    493
    Thanks guys. I'll hit 1000 before the deadline. It's the 4000 hours watched that's going to keep me out of the big boy ring.

  9. #9
    MoJo Pope csmceuen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Austin, Tx
    Posts
    559
    Quote Originally Posted by ericandrewscott View Post
    Thanks guys. I'll hit 1000 before the deadline. It's the 4000 hours watched that's going to keep me out of the big boy ring.
    If people just loop your videos in the background at work does that help?

  10. #10
    Novice Narwhal ericandrewscott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Austin, United States
    Posts
    493
    Quote Originally Posted by csmceuen View Post
    If people just loop your videos in the background at work does that help?
    I don't think so. I think it's per authenticated user. I've been watching my dashboard like a hawk and it's only creeping daily even though I know a few people are doing that. In the end, I don't particularly give a shit, but having an extra ~$20/mo to cover some tolls/gas for my travels appeases the wife, and these stupid new rules create quite a gap between the hobbyists and the full-time guys.

    I also just found out that one of the requirements for being able to receive superchats in livestreams is that you must be monetized, so I won't be able to do that after 1000 subs either until I get those hours up. There's a crap ton of medium size people that spend all their free time running a channel that are in the same boat.

  11. #11
    Supporting Member
    MoJo SuppoRteR
    FJsnoozer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    2,026
    Authenticated user? I am always logged out when I view anything on youtube.

  12. #12
    Live Medium Bamwa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Gnarnia
    Posts
    2,602
    Dang, all that for $20 a month? Can they tell if someone only watches 2/10 min?
    Grab life by the timbales.

    Don't forget to stop and smell the Rosemary.

  13. #13
    MoJo Pope throet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Cedar Park, TX
    Posts
    533
    Quote Originally Posted by ericandrewscott View Post
    I don't think so. I think it's per authenticated user. I've been watching my dashboard like a hawk and it's only creeping daily even though I know a few people are doing that. In the end, I don't particularly give a shit, but having an extra ~$20/mo to cover some tolls/gas for my travels appeases the wife, and these stupid new rules create quite a gap between the hobbyists and the full-time guys.

    I also just found out that one of the requirements for being able to receive superchats in livestreams is that you must be monetized, so I won't be able to do that after 1000 subs either until I get those hours up. There's a crap ton of medium size people that spend all their free time running a channel that are in the same boat.
    Interesting. I don't want to give you false hopes, but I honestly believe that you have something special going. Adaptive mountain biking aside, you're a great story teller who inserts great special effects to entertain the viewer. I don't watch BKXC or Singletrack Sampler because they are essentially just average riders trying to share ho-hum experiences. I do watch Kendal-Weed and Lenosky because they posses skills that I'll never have. I watch your stuff because it is simply entertaining, and based on the feedback from your small base of followers, I get the impression that they feel the same way. I think for you it is going to come down to staying power. You have a great personality coupled with real production talents. Give it enough time and I think things will work out for you.
    JMR, AntonioGG, Cheif and 9 others like this.

  14. #14
    MoJo Cardinal AFROTHUND3R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    300
    Quote Originally Posted by throet View Post
    Interesting. I don't want to give you false hopes, but I honestly believe that you have something special going. Adaptive mountain biking aside, you're a great story teller who inserts great special effects to entertain the viewer. I don't watch BKXC or Singletrack Sampler because they are essentially just average riders trying to share ho-hum experiences. I do watch Kendal-Weed and Lenosky because they posses skills that I'll never have. I watch your stuff because it is simply entertaining, and based on the feedback from your small base of followers, I get the impression that they feel the same way. I think for you it is going to come down to staying power. You have a great personality coupled with real production talents. Give it enough time and I think things will work out for you.
    Yeah I really agree with this. It is a very unique perspective that I truly hope is inspiring to those progressing in adaptive sports.

    Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
    throet likes this.

  15. #15
    MoJo Bishop biga9999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Cedar Park
    Posts
    221
    Hell, it is inspiring to me.

    When I ride with Eric I am smiling, despite the fact I am trying to catch up with him. Always a good time.
    throet likes this.

  16. #16
    Supporting Member
    MoJo SuppoRteR
    TheX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Pflugerville
    Posts
    292
    Why does YouTube use the words monetize and demonetize so incorrectly? Those are things you do to currency, not videos/channels.

  17. #17
    Novice Narwhal ericandrewscott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Austin, United States
    Posts
    493
    Thanks everyone. I try to make it funny and entertaining! Honestly, adaptive or not, I want people to ride. If they see me ripping something and think "well, shit, what's my excuse?" then mission accomplished.

    @TheX, I don't know, but they're putting the squeeze on me. The claim that with copycats and bad actors out of the way, then they can potentially give higher payouts to the people that deserve it. We'll see.
    JMR likes this.

  18. #18
    Supporting Member
    MoJo SuppoRteR
    TheX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Pflugerville
    Posts
    292
    I subscribe to quite a few smaller channels, many with less than 1000 subscribers. I would hate to lose that content.

  19. #19
    MoJo Mother Superior RidingAgain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    SW Austin
    Posts
    1,084
    I remember when MTV was launched and became huge. Does it even exist today.

    Maybe time for a truly People's Tube.

  20. #20
    Hugh Jass
    MoJo SuppoRteR
    MrMentallo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    NW Austin
    Posts
    1,489
    Quote Originally Posted by ericandrewscott View Post
    Thanks everyone. I try to make it funny and entertaining! Honestly, adaptive or not, I want people to ride. If they see me ripping something and think "well, shit, what's my excuse?" then mission accomplished.

    @TheX, I don't know, but they're putting the squeeze on me. The claim that with copycats and bad actors out of the way, then they can potentially give higher payouts to the people that deserve it. We'll see.
    I think that with your adaptive riding niche, you should be safe from getting "pruned". I can also see with them alienating loads of people with smaller channels. Maybe somewhere like Pinkbike can step in with a little more organization and monetization with a more riding discipline focused ad placement plan can fill those shoes. Hypothetically imagine if your sponsors like Blue Sky and Chumba could have banners or a 5 second lead in spot at the beginning of your vids. And they could have a youtube red style of pay service on there to get rid of the ads to keep revenue flowing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Search tags for this page (caching method: table)

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •