Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 117
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Electric Motorscooter Tours . . . on Town Lake hike & bike trail.

  1. #21
    TAF
    TAF is offline
    The guy with the tailgate grill TAF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Midtown Austin
    Posts
    4,045
    Quote Originally Posted by Bprice2 View Post
    This page breaks it down for you.
    Yes, but it looks like all these bikes have pedals.

  2. #22
    MoJo Mother Superior FJsnoozer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    2,029
    Quote Originally Posted by Bprice2 View Post
    This page breaks it down for you.
    According to that page, they cant go on bike paths in California...

    Name:  electric-bicycle-classes-law-in-california-670x453.jpg
Views: 314
Size:  78.0 KB

  3. #23
    MoJo Bishop Bprice2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    On a northbound train
    Posts
    237
    Quote Originally Posted by TAF View Post
    Yes, but it looks like all these bikes have pedals.
    My understanding is Class 2 can have pedals or not. It's the the throttle that makes it Class 2.

    EDIT: Started reading a little more about it and now my understanding is a little less clear. The classification system I posted was drafted by the Bicycle Product Suppliers Association. As to what the laws are, it seems a little murky.
    Last edited by Bprice2; 04-17-2018 at 01:55 PM.

  4. #24
    MoJoMoRon bartman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    oakhill
    Posts
    10,932
    I agree w yíall that those things need to stay off the trails..def a motorized vehicle

  5. #25
    MoJo Bishop Bprice2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    On a northbound train
    Posts
    237
    Quote Originally Posted by FJsnoozer View Post
    According to that page, they cant go on bike paths in California...

    Name:  electric-bicycle-classes-law-in-california-670x453.jpg
Views: 314
Size:  78.0 KB
    I think you're seeing the restriction for Type 3.

  6. #26
    Speeder of the Single
    MoJo SuppoRteR
    Shinerider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Nowhere in particular
    Posts
    13,537
    Fukit, I'm taking my electric moto zero on the hikeandbike trails - set a KOM!
    R&I quotables:
    They taste different when you flip them over!
    Don't eat the ginger snaps, they've been down chucks pants!
    Just what I need - a robot sex doll telling me "is that all you got?"
    Sue sleeps next to me, and Toby sleeps on top of my wife!
    I like that YOU like Dick!
    "Hurry up and take the damn picture, I can't stay in this position all night!" quoted while holding the "FUDGE RINGS"
    I'm still trying to figure out my meat!
    Oh NO, I like COCK SAUSAGE!
    Who says you put it in your mouth!

  7. #27
    TAF
    TAF is offline
    The guy with the tailgate grill TAF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Midtown Austin
    Posts
    4,045
    Quote Originally Posted by Bprice2 View Post
    I think you're seeing the restriction for Type 3.
    Why are you guys posting about Californian regs?

  8. #28
    MoJo Mother Superior FJsnoozer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    2,029
    Quote Originally Posted by TAF View Post
    Why are you guys posting about Californian regs?
    Because Austin City Council = California
    redrider3141 likes this.

  9. #29
    MoJoMoRon bartman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    oakhill
    Posts
    10,932
    Quote Originally Posted by TAF View Post
    Why are you guys posting about Californian regs?
    Right..like I told a recent Cali expat..you left that fcked up State for a reason..dont bring that shit here, leave it there..GOP is the reason this state is great

  10. #30
    TAF
    TAF is offline
    The guy with the tailgate grill TAF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Midtown Austin
    Posts
    4,045
    Well, when I think of our Parks and Rec department, I don't really think partisan politics - I usually just think they have fairly useless leadership who take the easiest approach for themselves while waiting for retirement. Viz, the removal of trashcans and tables from the Walnut Creek median. Now if only the Director of PARD were an electable position ...

  11. #31
    Welcome to Costco, I love you. ninjammin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    645
    Quote Originally Posted by bartman View Post
    Right..like I told a recent Cali expat..you left that fcked up State for a reason..dont bring that shit here, leave it there..GOP is the reason this state is great
    Can you contribute to ONE thread without doing this?
    mack_turtle likes this.

  12. #32
    Ayatollah of Rock and Rollah mack_turtle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    ATX southside
    Posts
    1,961
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjammin View Post
    Can you contribute to ONE thread without doing this?
    The most important thing to know about some people is that they view every single subject through the lens of binary political partisanship. They are simply incapable of seeing any other nuance. It's all monochrome to them. Once you see how single-minded they are, the best course of action is to ignore. Engaging them just makes you mad and builds on their sense of righteous martyrdom.
    Last edited by mack_turtle; 04-18-2018 at 09:11 AM.
    won't you be my neighbor?

  13. #33
    MoJoMoRon bartman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    oakhill
    Posts
    10,932
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjammin View Post
    Can you contribute to ONE thread without doing this?
    I didnít bring it up, I responded to someoneís comment..btw, this is a bitching/rant thread..duh..smile mfer & tell that to the other west coast Yankees infecting our state w their unfriendlyness..
    mack_turtle likes this.

  14. #34
    MoJoMoRon bartman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    oakhill
    Posts
    10,932
    Quote Originally Posted by TAF View Post
    Well, when I think of our Parks and Rec department, I don't really think partisan politics - I usually just think they have fairly useless leadership who take the easiest approach for themselves while waiting for retirement. Viz, the removal of trashcans and tables from the Walnut Creek median. Now if only the Director of PARD were an electable position ...
    Itís goes back to filling quotas instead of the best person for the job..I ride the areas in question regularly and have not seen any of these bikes..hopefully the parks police will issue tickets for operating a motorized vehicle in the trails ..thatíll solve that issue pretty quickly

  15. #35
    MoJoMoRon bartman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    oakhill
    Posts
    10,932
    Quote Originally Posted by mack_turtle View Post
    The most important thing to know about some people is that they view every single subject through the lens of binary political partisanship. They are simply incapable of seeing any other nuance. It's all monochrome to them. Once you see how single-minded they are, the best course of action is to ignore. Engaging them just makes you mad and builds on their sense of righteous martyrdom.
    You obviously donít know me because thatís not me..Iím just sick of all the unfriendly left wing Cali Jackwads coming here trying to wreck everything like they did in Cali..leave it there!!
    gotdurt likes this.

  16. #36
    Supporting Member
    MoJo SuppoRteR
    The Tip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    In the heart of the ................... SATN
    Posts
    1,855
    Quote Originally Posted by bartman View Post
    You obviously don’t know me because that’s not me..I’m just sick of all the unfriendly left wing Cali Jackwads coming here trying to wreck everything like they did in Cali..leave it there!!
    I agree.
    It's like the bum camps in the Indian Grass Prairie Preserve. There was a huge one that was totally fucked up with trash. So what did the bums do? They moved down the trail a bit to start another one. Grrrrrr!

  17. #37
    Live Medium Bamwa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Gnarnia
    Posts
    2,602
    Quote Originally Posted by bartman View Post
    You obviously don’t know me because that’s not me..I’m just sick of all the unfriendly left wing Cali Jackwads coming here trying to wreck everything like they did in Cali..leave it there!!
    It's too late however blame ourselves. SXSW, ACL FEST, "LIve Moosic Cap of the World". This town (if you can call it that anymore) was hyped from within. Cali only answered our call. Austin homeowners were more than happy to see their $40,000 rat attic eastside hydepark homes worth $340,000 now. With no dishwasher.


    On another note I saw one of the free scooter things left out by my shop. Just a matter of time before someone hits a pebble and smashes their face in. Kid or adult, those are gonna be dangerous. Like leaving an AK out on the street corner. Kinda wanted to dissect it for parts but I'm sure it has camera/gps/big brother/biometric/fingerprint tech on it and drones would rain down on my ass from the mothership leaving me bloody and shopless until I was hovered off to jail at some military style prison camp near the border.

    Oh and good morning fello mojos!
    Last edited by Bamwa; 04-18-2018 at 10:11 AM.

  18. #38
    MoJoMoRon bartman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    oakhill
    Posts
    10,932
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamwa View Post
    It's too late however blame ourselves. SXSW, ACL FEST, "LIve Moosic Cap of the World". This town (if you can call it that anymore) was hyped from within. Cali only answered our call. Austin homeowners were more than happy to see their $40,000 rat attic eastside hydepark homes worth $340,000 now. With no dishwasher.


    On another note I saw one of the free scooter things left out by my shop. Just a matter of time before someone hits a pebble and smashes their face in. Kid or adult, those are gonna be dangerous. Like leaving an AK out on the street corner. Kinda wanted to dissect it for parts but I'm sure it has camera/gps/big brother/biometric/fingerprint tech on it and drones would rain down on my ass from the mothership leaving me bloody and shopless until I was hovered off to jail at some military style prison camp near the border.

    Oh and good morning fello mojos!
    Lol! Thanks for the laugh..itís not just Austin..Texasí success in creating jobs has left us as a haven for the economic refugees from everywhere .. I donít blame them for coming but quit being a dumbass & assimilate to success..

    Iíve seen the park police write tons of tickets for things like alcohol so Iím guessing theyíll be writing them for the idiots riding scooters on the trail..luckily I didnít get one when My redneck ass took my boys on an atv ride on the grnblt at 360 25 yrs ago..No clue..

  19. #39
    MoJo Mother Superior Cafeend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Eastbound and Down
    Posts
    1,016
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamwa View Post
    It's too late however blame ourselves. SXSW, ACL FEST, "LIve Moosic Cap of the World". This town (if you can call it that anymore) was hyped from within. Cali only answered our call. Austin homeowners were more than happy to see their $40,000 rat attic eastside hydepark homes worth $340,000 now. With no dishwasher.


    On another note I saw one of the free scooter things left out by my shop. Just a matter of time before someone hits a pebble and smashes their face in. Kid or adult, those are gonna be dangerous. Like leaving an AK out on the street corner. Kinda wanted to dissect it for parts but I'm sure it has camera/gps/big brother/biometric/fingerprint tech on it and drones would rain down on my ass from the mothership leaving me bloody and shopless until I was hovered off to jail at some military style prison camp near the border.

    Oh and good morning fello mojos!
    Please finish the job for me before the The Man hauls you off bro,, wife will be so pissed at me.
    Spicewookie likes this.

  20. #40
    Live Medium Bamwa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Gnarnia
    Posts
    2,602
    Quote Originally Posted by bartman View Post
    assimilate to success..
    I sometimes live medium well but you got to pace yourself man.
    Cafeend and June Bug like this.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Remove Ads

Search tags for this page (caching method: table)

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •