Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 123
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Different by Design... $1,000 Down...

  1. #81
    MoJo Mother Superior Cafeend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Eastbound and Down
    Posts
    1,016
    Quote Originally Posted by RidingAgain View Post
    Oy vey...

    Check below...



    And there it is... Your dumbassity exposed... Again.
    Sweet! I still have that going for me


    Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

  2. #82
    Mojo Riposte June Bug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Centex
    Posts
    6,843
    Anybody else getting Hello Kitty flashbacks? It's like the same, but different.
    TheSarge likes this.
    Woman Who Drinks 6 Cups Of Coffee and 6 Diet Cokes Per Day Trying To Cut Down On Blue Light At Bedtime
    The Onion

  3. #83
    Mojo Bike Part Terminator Seths Pool's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    austin
    Posts
    3,475
    Quote Originally Posted by RidingAgain View Post
    Well... Don't think so... But maybe I could get you to whine about it to Cannondale like you did to the manufacturer of your broken bike.

    Luckily... I haven't painted over my bike.
    funny how that bike even with a smashed frame is still worth probably double or triple what that prophet is. lololol

    with all of your penny pinching I see and behavior on this forum I can only imagine what you would do if you had a $6k bike break under warranty and they denied covering it... man oh man

    Quote Originally Posted by TheX View Post
    Ummm

    I guess you answered yourself already.
    *high five down low behind my back*
    "Less yap more braap"

    "Strava is like Tinder for bros"

  4. #84
    MoJo Mother Superior RidingAgain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    SW Austin
    Posts
    1,084
    Quote Originally Posted by Seths Pool View Post
    funny how that bike even with a smashed frame is still worth probably double or triple what that prophet is. lololol
    Why funny?

    Economics are what economics are, Seth.

    And in commerce, value is in the eye of the beholder.

    Quote Originally Posted by Seths Pool View Post
    with all of your penny pinching I see and behavior on this forum I can only imagine what you would do if you had a $6k bike break under warranty and they denied covering it... man oh man
    So you're admitting that you whined about it, and now just trying to say everyone would too.

    Like you're looking for whining company.

    You're funny. Especially when you get smacked down after thinking you said something cute.

  5. #85
    MoJo Mother Superior RidingAgain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    SW Austin
    Posts
    1,084

  6. #86
    Mojo Bike Part Terminator Seths Pool's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    austin
    Posts
    3,475
    Quote Originally Posted by RidingAgain View Post
    Why funny?

    Economics are what economics are, Seth.

    And in commerce, value is in the eye of the beholder.



    So you're admitting that you whined about it, and now just trying to say everyone would too.

    Like you're looking for whining company.

    You're funny. Especially when you get smacked down after thinking you said something cute.
    value is determined by how much someone will pay for something. not your personal appraisal. try again

    sure, I whined, bitched, slammed, and nuked their asses online and put on display their bad business practices. I would expect any other man with a backbone to stand up for themselves just like I did.

    please, dont schmack me down again! please oh please I beg for your mercyyyyy!

    anyways, back on topic - more click bait topics! wahoo!
    "Less yap more braap"

    "Strava is like Tinder for bros"

  7. #87
    Supporting Member
    MoJo SuppoRteR
    TheX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Pflugerville
    Posts
    312
    Wait, is this performance art?
    ATXZJ likes this.

  8. #88
    MoJo Mother Superior fontarin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    1,383
    Hey, at least in the case of Seth, they actually had a warranty frame the first time when he needed it. I wouldn't really count on Tantrum having one.

    Or you know, if you're putting 1000 down on a small manufacturer, you could just get a proven frame for that price - SHOP Toir 29 | Canfield Brothers Online Store

  9. #89
    Supporting Member
    MoJo SuppoRteR
    ATXZJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    1979
    Posts
    585
    Bottom line:

    Tantrum bikes just look cobbled together and the name is dumb

    If it were that good it would have caught on and had more funding by now

    If it were that good someone would have paid him for the design

    If he didn't take the money, then he is as dumb as his bikes look.
    16 Process 111DL
    16 Honzo DL
    16 Private Jake
    17 Hei Hei DLc

  10. #90
    MoJo Mother Superior RidingAgain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    SW Austin
    Posts
    1,084
    Quote Originally Posted by Seths Pool View Post
    value is determined by how much someone will pay for something. not your personal appraisal. try again

    sure, I whined, bitched, slammed, and nuked their asses online and put on display their bad business practices. I would expect any other man with a backbone to stand up for themselves just like I did.

    please, dont schmack me down again! please oh please I beg for your mercyyyyy!

    anyways, back on topic - more click bait topics! wahoo!
    Yeh... Ahh... Okay... So... Back to the topic...

    https://www.bikeradar.com/us/mtb/gea...systems-50849/

  11. #91
    MoJo Mother Superior RidingAgain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    SW Austin
    Posts
    1,084
    "First Impressions: Brian Berthold's Missing Link delivers the goods - direct drive pedaling with supple suspension action - and it does so without electronics, remote levers or voodoo shock damping. Compared to the current crop of carbon superbikes, the Tantrum Meltdown looks rough around the edges, but it performs well on the downs - essential for any 160-millimeter trail bike - and its pedaling action is better than all of them.

    Bold statement? I've ridden many trail bikes that were supposed to, '...pedal like a cross-country bike and descend like a DH bike.' (I've written that phrase more times than I should have) Only two have actually performed that ballet: the Meltdown with its Missing Link, and a Kona Process outfitted with Fox's prototype Live Valve electronic suspension. Neither are perfect, but both set the bar well above today's crowded pack of carbon uberbikes.

    Send the Meltdown to finishing school, add a better component selection and a more sophisticated fork and shock, and I think it has the potential to take on the big guys. Brian Berthold's Missing Link is proof that there actually is significant room for improvement among the present crop of all-mountain trail bikes. Cheers to thinking outside the box. - Richard Cunningham"

    This guy... https://www.pinkbike.com/news/Pinkbi...unningham.html

    Here's the full article... https://www.pinkbike.com/news/first-...sing-link.html

    BTW... The above article was written a year ago... And Tantrum is still around a year later.

  12. #92
    MoJo Mother Superior RidingAgain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    SW Austin
    Posts
    1,084
    Why wouldn't large mtb manufacturers just buy it from the designer?

    Confidence in what they already have.

    Cost involved in retooling production lines.

    Cost involved with introducing new design to market.

    Current and forecasted market conditions.

    The above are just normal considerations.

  13. #93
    cruisin' for a bruisin'
    MoJo SuppoRteR
    MrTheCatLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    ATX
    Posts
    82
    Quote Originally Posted by RidingAgain View Post
    Why wouldn't large mtb manufacturers just buy it from the designer?

    Confidence in what they already have.

    Cost involved in retooling production lines.

    Cost involved with introducing new design to market.

    Current and forecasted market conditions.

    The above are just normal considerations.
    Don't forget hubris.

    -cls
    2019 Santa Cruz Blur 3 C/S
    2018 Trek Emonda SL6 Disc
    2018 Specialized Diverge Comp
    2016 Trek Farley 9 (for sale)

  14. #94
    Mojo Bike Part Terminator Seths Pool's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    austin
    Posts
    3,475
    you know, after reading all the different links posted about tantrum cycles, I decided to go ahead and get one! I just placed an order!
    RidingAgain and Cheif like this.
    "Less yap more braap"

    "Strava is like Tinder for bros"

  15. #95
    MoJo Mother Superior olddbrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    1,720
    The split-pivot suspension design on my Salsa Horsethief is obviously the best. Anyone who doesn't agree is a dumbass and suffers from excessive amounts of dumbassity.

    In all seriousness, I never really put much thought into the suspension design of my bike. The reviews I read sounded good and when I threw a leg over it I liked how it felt. I'm glad there are people who are way smarter than me to tinker with and argue over the minutiae of suspension design.
    When you are a man, sometimes you wear stretchy pants in your room. It's for fun.

  16. #96
    MoJo Mother Superior olddbrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    1,720
    This might be better off as a thread of its own, but one recurring theme here is that most people don't like the name of the brand (Tantrum) and the models (Outburst, Meltdown). With all the creative folks on this board, I bet we could come up with some equally silly brand/model names. I'll start:

    ShitStain Cycles - Models could be the SkidMark (XC, obviously), the Shart (all mountain), and the O.I.C.M.P. (Oops I crapped my pants. - DH).
    notyal, ATXZJ and Cheif like this.
    When you are a man, sometimes you wear stretchy pants in your room. It's for fun.

  17. #97
    MoJo Pope throet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Cedar Park, TX
    Posts
    533
    Quote Originally Posted by olddbrider View Post
    In all seriousness, I never really put much thought into the suspension design of my bike. The reviews I read sounded good and when I threw a leg over it I liked how it felt. I'm glad there are people who are way smarter than me to tinker with and argue over the minutiae of suspension design.
    I'm with you man! Probably the most important suspension consideration for me is room for a proper bottle mount.

  18. #98
    MoJo Mother Superior yosmithy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Cedar Park
    Posts
    1,237
    Quote Originally Posted by olddbrider View Post
    ShitStain Cycles - Models could be the SkidMark (XC, obviously), the Shart (all mountain), and the O.I.C.M.P. (Oops I crapped my pants. - DH).
    How about "Roached Prophet"?
    ATXZJ, Spicewookie and Cheif like this.

  19. #99
    Supporting Member
    MoJo SuppoRteR
    TheX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Pflugerville
    Posts
    312
    Quote Originally Posted by olddbrider View Post
    This might be better off as a thread of its own, but one recurring theme here is that most people don't like the name of the brand (Tantrum) and the models (Outburst, Meltdown). With all the creative folks on this board, I bet we could come up with some equally silly brand/model names. I'll start:

    ShitStain Cycles - Models could be the SkidMark (XC, obviously), the Shart (all mountain), and the O.I.C.M.P. (Oops I crapped my pants. - DH).
    Fugging brilliant!

  20. #100
    Mojo Riposte June Bug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Centex
    Posts
    6,843
    Quote Originally Posted by olddbrider View Post
    This might be better off as a thread of its own, but one recurring theme here is that most people don't like the name of the brand (Tantrum) and the models (Outburst, Meltdown). With all the creative folks on this board, I bet we could come up with some equally silly brand/model names. I'll start:

    ShitStain Cycles - Models could be the SkidMark (XC, obviously), the Shart (all mountain), and the O.I.C.M.P. (Oops I crapped my pants. - DH).
    That works but Shart needs caps and an exclamation point, to make it seem more explosive, like SHART!

    I could live with Outburst and Meltdown if the brand name changed to Mantrum.

    Anyway, speaking of brand names and thread drift, this is as good a time as any to let you all know that there is an Australian brand of tiny swimsuits for guys called (duh) Budgy Smugglers (budgysmugglers.com.au), including an item in their lineup in a fabric with little anchors on it called Wanchors. Their bricks-and-mortar location is in (you can't make this up) Manley, Australia.

    No, no worries. I'll just, uh, let myself out.
    Last edited by June Bug; 07-12-2018 at 03:25 PM.
    notyal and yosmithy like this.
    Woman Who Drinks 6 Cups Of Coffee and 6 Diet Cokes Per Day Trying To Cut Down On Blue Light At Bedtime
    The Onion

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Remove Ads

Search tags for this page (caching method: table)

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •