Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: I've been pretty scarce lately...

  1. #1
    MoJo Mother Superior Sandman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    859

    I've been pretty scarce lately...

    ...so I thought I'd give a shout out to all my homies. YO! With the lack of TX whitewater, I have been forced to venture to other far off lands. This past weekend consisted of paddling rivers in GA, SC, and TN where it has actually been raining enough to swell the rivers.

    So its about time I got back on my bike. I just got new pedals (egg beaters) and need to try them out. Thanks lefty. Any rides going down? I probably shouldn't do CP for my first time out on the new pedals.

    See you all soon.
    Flanders

  2. #2
    Mojo Cow Tippin' Crack Steala meBnewbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    194
    Where's the pics?

  3. #3
    monkey see, monkey doo Chongo loco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Monkeyin' around at work
    Posts
    3,242
    Sounds like you hit some of my favorite areas...what rivers did you run? Water only or did you bring a bike?
    "It's a dog eat dog world, Woody and I'm wearing Milk Bone underwear?" ~ N Peterson

  4. #4
    J
    J is offline
    Hans Rey superfan J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Badger Den
    Posts
    6,296
    It's the Eggplant Parmesan that's been keeping him busy.

  5. #5
    MoJo Mother Superior Sandman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    859
    Originally posted by Chongo loco
    Sounds like you hit some of my favorite areas...what rivers did you run? Water only or did you bring a bike?
    Water only this time. We ran Section 3 of the Chattooga at 2.5ft on Friday. The Ocoee on a double release day (800+cfs higher than normal). And the Upper Tellico (Ledges Section) on Sunday.

    I did my first relatively big drop (14ft) and my first loop (front flip) on this trip!

    When I get the picture developed (thats film) I'll scan them in and get someone to post them for me.

  6. #6
    MoJo Mother Superior Sandman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    859
    Originally posted by 853
    It's the Eggplant Parmesan that's been keeping him busy.
    Not yet. Thats this week sometime.

  7. #7
    Supporting Member
    MoJo SuppoRteR
    dburatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    18,444
    WB, sanders!

  8. #8
    MoJo Mother Superior Sandman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    859
    Originally posted by dburatti
    WB, sanders!
    tanks

  9. #9
    monkey see, monkey doo Chongo loco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Monkeyin' around at work
    Posts
    3,242
    Originally posted by Sandman
    Water only this time. We ran Section 3 of the Chattooga at 2.5ft on Friday. The Ocoee on a double release day (800+cfs higher than normal). And the Upper Tellico (Ledges Section) on Sunday.

    I did my first relatively big drop (14ft) and my first loop (front flip) on this trip!

    When I get the picture developed (thats film) I'll scan them in and get someone to post them for me.
    Done the Ocoee and the Chattoga before...a nutty friend likes to run the Chattoga in his canoe What section of the Ocoee did you run, the end by the Olympic course?

    Where's the Tellico? That in TN?
    "It's a dog eat dog world, Woody and I'm wearing Milk Bone underwear?" ~ N Peterson

  10. #10
    MoJo Mother Superior Sandman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    859
    Originally posted by Chongo loco
    Done the Ocoee and the Chattoga before...a nutty friend likes to run the Chattoga in his canoe What section of the Ocoee did you run, the end by the Olympic course?

    Where's the Tellico? That in TN?
    We did the middle sec on the Ocoee (the normal raft section). The Tellico is about an hour North of the Ocoee. It is a Solid Class III creek run with a decent class IV at the end.

    Baby Falls on the Tellico (thats not me but its the same waterfall).

    Jared's Knee is the Class IV at the end of the run (again thats not me). That hole in the drop is gnarly.

    I hope these links work.

  11. #11
    monkey see, monkey doo Chongo loco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Monkeyin' around at work
    Posts
    3,242
    Nice...way outta my league

    Rafted that same section of the Ocoee. It's amazing when you drive up there on a weekday & it's almost bone dry, then come saturday, dams open...pure white

    Ran short of fundage, but the wife & I were s'posed to go to the NOC's kayak school as our honeymoon this spring...still might try next year.
    "It's a dog eat dog world, Woody and I'm wearing Milk Bone underwear?" ~ N Peterson

Search tags for this page (caching method: table)

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •