Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Palo Duro Canyon TMBRA Race / Sept. 27-28

  1. #1
    mOjO mOtO
    MoJo SuppoRteR
    rearviewmirror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Melbourne / Austin
    Posts
    6,436
    Blog Entries
    1

    Palo Duro Canyon TMBRA Race / Sept. 27-28

    Anyone going to PDC for the TMBRA race? I'm interested in going but definitely need to carpool. I'd like to leave Friday afternoon or really early on Saturday to ensure there is enough time to pre-ride the course.

    http://www.oldtascosacycling.com/files/potp.pdf

  2. #2
    Mojo Buckeye -- Too Much Front Brake? Eokerholm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Austin (RR)
    Posts
    5,106

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by rearviewmirror View Post
    Anyone going to PDC for the TMBRA race? I'm interested in going but definitely need to carpool. I'd like to leave Friday afternoon or really early on Saturday to ensure there is enough time to pre-ride the course.

    http://www.oldtascosacycling.com/files/potp.pdf
    fun and fast course.
    WATCH OUT for the drop off on the way back from Lighthouse!!!!!

    That place is a BLAST!!!
    Go Big or Go Home!

  3. #3
    mOjO mOtO
    MoJo SuppoRteR
    rearviewmirror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Melbourne / Austin
    Posts
    6,436
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Eokerholm View Post
    fun and fast course.
    WATCH OUT for the drop off on the way back from Lighthouse!!!!!

    That place is a BLAST!!!
    Thanks for the warning.

    How long did it take you to get there?

  4. #4
    Mojo Buckeye -- Too Much Front Brake? Eokerholm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Austin (RR)
    Posts
    5,106
    Quote Originally Posted by rearviewmirror View Post
    Thanks for the warning.

    How long did it take you to get there?
    8 hours

    the flow of the trail heads straight for and over a 5 foot gap, with another 5 foot drop. The trail veers to the right, but it's not the flow. Comes after a pretty good down hill when you've got speed.

    Super Dangerous.
    That's about the only dangerous section.
    Would bet they have it roped off.
    We put up logs.
    Go Big or Go Home!

  5. #5
    MoJo Neophyte Naive Enthusiast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    9

    cargo request

    Speaking of PDC, does anyone happen to be driving out to Palo Duro for the race this weekend w/room for my lovely bike? I have to fly b/c of time constraints, but would love to ride my own bike.

  6. #6
    MoJo Neophyte ScouteRyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    4

    I need a carpool

    Hey anyone still looking for a ride? I am looking to split gas on the way up and back to palo. Fairly flexible on departure. Email me or call me

    -512 917 0885

  7. #7
    mOjO mOtO
    MoJo SuppoRteR
    rearviewmirror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Melbourne / Austin
    Posts
    6,436
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by ScouteRyan View Post
    Hey anyone still looking for a ride? I am looking to split gas on the way up and back to palo. Fairly flexible on departure. Email me or call me

    -512 917 0885
    I will call you tonight after I talk to Noel. We're planning on leaving at 5AM Saturday. We're just working out final vehicle details but definitely should have room for one more.

  8. #8
    MoJo Neophyte ScouteRyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    4
    I wont lie... You have just made my entire day and quite possibly my weekend.

  9. #9
    mOjO mOtO
    MoJo SuppoRteR
    rearviewmirror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Melbourne / Austin
    Posts
    6,436
    Blog Entries
    1
    Palo Duro is an amazing place. I honestly thought I wasn't in TX any more. If you love biking you have to put this place on your short list of places to visit! The trails are brilliant, we squeezed in as much riding as we could before and after the race just to take in the views a bit more and enjoy the trail. The whole trip was ~1100 miles in the end from the Parmer/1431 area.

  10. #10
    Supporting Member
    MoJo SuppoRteR
    AtariAge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    3,917
    Quote Originally Posted by rearviewmirror View Post
    Palo Duro is an amazing place. I honestly thought I wasn't in TX any more. If you love biking you have to put this place on your short list of places to visit! The trails are brilliant, we squeezed in as much riding as we could before and after the race just to take in the views a bit more and enjoy the trail. The whole trip was ~1100 miles in the end from the Parmer/1431 area.
    Holy cow, 1100 miles! Man, Texas is big.

    ..Al

Remove Ads

Search tags for this page (caching method: table)

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •