Page 458 of 477 FirstFirst ... 358408448454455456457458459460461462468 ... LastLast
Results 9,141 to 9,160 of 9527
Like Tree3590Likes

Thread: Brushy Creek Regional Singletrack

  1. #9141
    MoJo Priest GreenMtbRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Brushy Creek
    Posts
    56
    For anyone hoping for an evening ride, it's been pouring here for the past 30 minutes. I'll check out the trails tomorrow to see what shape they're in.

  2. #9142
    Novice Narwhal ericandrewscott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Austin, United States
    Posts
    369
    Video featuring yosmithy:

    MrMentallo likes this.

  3. #9143
    MoJo Pope yosmithy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Cedar Park
    Posts
    548
    Great riding with you! I'm really impressed with your ability to ride. Should be very inspiring for everyone to overcome their obstacle.

    Thanks for helping me overcome my Hangover obstacle

  4. #9144
    MoJo Mother Superior Cafeend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Eastbound and Down
    Posts
    629
    Quote Originally Posted by yosmithy View Post
    Great riding with you! I'm really impressed with your ability to ride. Should be very inspiring for everyone to overcome their obstacle.

    Thanks for helping me overcome my Hangover obstacle
    That you in the pretty aqua shorts?

    Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

  5. #9145
    MoJo Pope yosmithy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Cedar Park
    Posts
    548
    Quote Originally Posted by Cafeend View Post
    That you in the pretty aqua shorts?
    Technically, those are my jammies. I've had them since I was 10 years old, and have kind of grown out of them.

    I was still pretty drunk in the morning and forgot to change into my spandex kit.

  6. #9146
    MoJo Priest biga9999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Cedar Park
    Posts
    44
    You still smoked the hell out of me, hungover or not.
    yosmithy likes this.

  7. #9147
    MoJo Neophyte danniel1332's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    El Taco
    Posts
    23
    Although it should have been obvious to me, still went to trail. Way to muddy to ride. As soon as you are on the trail tacky mud that ruts. Obviously turned around after seeing standing water at muligan and ruts at entrance to deception. Didn't stop everyone though...

  8. #9148
    MoJo Priest biga9999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Cedar Park
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by danniel1332 View Post
    Although it should have been obvious to me, still went to trail. Way to muddy to ride. As soon as you are on the trail tacky mud that ruts. Obviously turned around after seeing standing water at muligan and ruts at entrance to deception. Didn't stop everyone though...
    Yeah, it rained hard and fast Sunday and Monday.

  9. #9149
    MoJo Priest GreenMtbRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Brushy Creek
    Posts
    56
    We got about 3" of total rain in the past 2 days, so the trails are in no condition to ride.

    I went for a walk on Sunday evening and saw some trail damage from people riding. Some of this will get fixed pretty easily once the trails start drying and see some traffic, but over ruts may be a bit more stubborn. If you see me out there with a tamp and shovel feel free to bring me a beer.

    Name:  IMG_9341.JPG
Views: 340
Size:  160.7 KBName:  image1(1).JPG
Views: 337
Size:  153.3 KB
    yosmithy likes this.
    Brushy Creek trail conditions here -> https://twitter.com/BrushyCreekTC

  10. #9150
    MoJo Bishop Kyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    276
    It fuckin' monsooned yesterday. I drove right past the park in the storm and I bet it got 2+ inches in an hour. Meanwhile just a few miles south was almost completely dry.

  11. #9151
    MoJo Priest GreenMtbRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Brushy Creek
    Posts
    56
    I just rode over to Mulligan, Picnic and Carcass. Still a little too soft. If the weather holds up they may be okay tomorrow (Carcass will likely need another day or so).

  12. #9152
    MoJo Neophyte BlowAMouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    cedar park
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenMtbRider View Post
    I just rode over to Mulligan, Picnic and Carcass. Still a little too soft. If the weather holds up they may be okay tomorrow (Carcass will likely need another day or so).

    Thank you for the update.
    I choose not to ride yesterday based on your report. Looks like today is ride day!

  13. #9153
    MoJo Pope Ganderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Round Rock
    Posts
    528
    Big group ride at the bottom of Cru at 7:25 last night. was that you guys?

  14. #9154
    MoJo Priest GreenMtbRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Brushy Creek
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganderson View Post
    Big group ride at the bottom of Cru at 7:25 last night. was that you guys?
    Probably the Peddler shop ride.

  15. #9155
    Be Excellent to Each Other St. Bernardo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Round Rock
    Posts
    1,122
    Is the connector from Red Horn/Peddler to Brushy open?

  16. #9156
    MoJo Mother Superior TheSarge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    NWAustin
    Posts
    822
    Quote Originally Posted by St. Bernardo View Post
    Is the connector from Red Horn/Peddler to Brushy open?
    Story I got from Peddler mechanic is that it's not open and to just learn the route through the neighborhood because it might not open again.

    Sad, but it's not like it cuts off a bunch of fun stuff - and you still get to end your ride sitting at a brewpub next to a bike shop (that has got to be the BEST trailhead in Austin).

  17. #9157
    MoJo Mother Superior Cafeend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Eastbound and Down
    Posts
    629
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSarge View Post
    Story I got from Peddler mechanic is that it's not open and to just learn the route through the neighborhood because it might not open again.

    Sad, but it's not like it cuts off a bunch of fun stuff - and you still get to end your ride sitting at a brewpub next to a bike shop (that has got to be the BEST trailhead in Austin).
    The highlights from what I was told -- Barbed wire fence\Police involvement\ Injured rider\Posted sign = Yea you may not want to ride it for awhile

  18. #9158
    Be Excellent to Each Other St. Bernardo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Round Rock
    Posts
    1,122
    Thanks yall. Recalculating route.

  19. #9159
    MoJo Bishop RidingAgain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    SW Austin
    Posts
    280
    Is all of the trail on this map just the Deception section? Trying to get a lay of the land before coming up north to ride.

  20. #9160
    MoJo Mother Superior Cafeend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Eastbound and Down
    Posts
    629
    The squiggle on the right is Mulligan and the rest is deception.
    Deception deĚcepĚtion: Deception

Remove Ads

Search tags for this page (caching method: table)

bikingbrushycreek
,

bikingbrushycreek video

,

brushy creek mountain bike trail

,
brushy creek mountain bike trail map
,

brushy creek mtb trail

,
brushy creek trail deception
,
brushy creek trail mountain bike
,

deception trail austin

,

deception trail brushy creek

,
deception trail cedar park
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •