Page 606 of 613 FirstFirst ... 106506556596602603604605606607608609610 ... LastLast
Results 12,101 to 12,120 of 12259
Like Tree5857Likes

Thread: Brushy Creek Regional Singletrack

  1. #12101
    MoJo Mother Superior TheSarge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    NWAustin
    Posts
    931
    Quote Originally Posted by yosmithy View Post
    Not sure what Phase this will be in, but there was talk about a future LGBT only section planned.
    Oh, so the new section will go both ways!
    gotdurt, yosmithy and horncpa like this.

  2. #12102
    Supporting Member
    MoJo SuppoRteR
    AtariAge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    3,898
    Quote Originally Posted by throet View Post
    Seeing the limbo branch thread reminded me of how many times I've hit my head on a branch on Gum Drop. It's not really hanging that low if you're seated, but it's at a point going W-E where you're approaching a small ledge. Seems I'm never paying attention to the branch and instead come up out of the saddle in order to lift up over that small ledge. Then out of nowhere - BAM! Have done it at least 3 times. I've even slammed my head on it coming from the other direction once after rolling down that little ledge. Is it just me, or does that branch need to go?
    Glad I'm not the only one! I hit this branch going W-E several weeks ago, it caught me completely by surprise, and I almost lost my balance. Normally I ride it in the other direction, but I've started riding it backwards near the end of my rides.
    throet likes this.

  3. #12103
    Supporting Member
    MoJo SuppoRteR
    AtariAge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    3,898
    woops, double post.

  4. #12104
    MoJo Bishop biga9999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Cedar Park
    Posts
    220
    Like I tell my son on a daily basis, "If it's not yours, DON'T TOUCH IT!!!"

    Truly applies to almost any facet of life.
    Cafeend and AntonioGG like this.

  5. #12105
    Hugh Jass
    MoJo SuppoRteR
    MrMentallo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    NW Austin
    Posts
    1,484
    Quote Originally Posted by HoneyBadger View Post
    PSA - Please don't do any trail work without getting the ok from the Brushy Creek Builders. Most of the "sanitation" you see is by your fellow rider that doesn't like a feature and takes it upon themselves to change it.
    Lol, he and Eric started this trail system. It's doesn't get more OG than that.

  6. #12106
    Hugh Jass
    MoJo SuppoRteR
    MrMentallo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    NW Austin
    Posts
    1,484
    Quote Originally Posted by throet View Post
    Seeing the limbo branch thread reminded me of how many times I've hit my head on a branch on Gum Drop. It's not really hanging that low if you're seated, but it's at a point going W-E where you're approaching a small ledge. Seems I'm never paying attention to the branch and instead come up out of the saddle in order to lift up over that small ledge. Then out of nowhere - BAM! Have done it at least 3 times. I've even slammed my head on it coming from the other direction once after rolling down that little ledge. Is it just me, or does that branch need to go?
    Is that the same one when we met up that one time and trimmed the Candyland trails?

  7. #12107
    MoJo Mother Superior RidingAgain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    SW Austin
    Posts
    1,072
    Last time I rode Brushy Creek I remember almost hitting my head on a pretty thick branch while riding the trail section that runs along the creek. It's after the Picinic section I think... Or towards the end of it heading East. You go up, then come down to your left, and there's a tree on your left that has a branch that stick out over the trail. Almost clobbered my head on it as my eyes were on the trail and I didn't see it until the last moment and was able to tuck down. I stopped at the bottom to warn my wife, but she came down and went under it easy enough, so I'm thinking it's more of a close call for taller riders.

  8. #12108
    MoJo Mother Superior crazyt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,543
    Quote Originally Posted by HoneyBadger View Post
    PSA - Please don't do any trail work without getting the ok from the Brushy Creek Builders. Most of the "sanitation" you see is by your fellow rider that doesn't like a feature and takes it upon themselves to change it.
    LOL you should look to see who started this entire thread.
    gotdurt likes this.

  9. #12109
    Fuhlauto Balogna Ridenfool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Rural Texas
    Posts
    2,844
    Kefir has become a go-to for me. As well as Butter Coffee Creamer from an Austin company called Picnik that is essentially the Bulletproof recipe of MCT, Grass fed butter, and Grass fed whey protien. I have it with coffee and tea.

    I'm attempting to eliminate sugar from the diet for a while, including brewskies, as it seems I'm battling something called Candida Overgrowth, which is the next in a long line of potential targets responsible for a variety of nagging health issues I've been struggling with for some years now. Sugar is Candida's food, cutting that out and adding a few supplements that target getting Candida in check along with the probiotics from Kefir to offset all the devastation done by the antibiotics the medical profession kept throwing at me which killed off all the competition that would keep Candida under control. Thanks AMA and Big Medicine for all you've done.

    Now attempting to adopt a philosophy of Eat Food, Not too much, Mostly Plants, after watching "In defense of food" on Netflix. I need to get some balanced nutrition input into the system. This all seems to be working as I've culled about 20 pounds, and am seeing some improvement on other symptoms that have been chronic, up till now.

    I have enjoyed reading this thread as there are a lot of good ideas, and no shortage of good ol' fun as well.
    Last edited by Ridenfool; 08-09-2018 at 03:55 PM.
    "When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries of life disappear and life stands explained."
    ~ Mark Twain
    Local Trails - Rocky Hill Ranch

  10. #12110
    Mojo Slow-poke Austin Bike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Seat 21B - exit row aisle
    Posts
    17,034
    Sugar is also cancer and Alzheimer’s favorite food. Cut out sugar and you cut your odds on those.
    June Bug, Ridenfool and J2LS like this.
    "A person can work up a mean, mean thirst after a hard day of nothing much at all" - Paul Westerberg

    庄富瑞

    Click HERE for all your Austin Biking information


  11. #12111
    MoJo Bishop HoneyBadger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Cedar Park
    Posts
    173
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyt View Post
    LOL you should look to see who started this entire thread.
    Maybe, just maybe, I was been sarcastic. I know who Morealice is.
    Morealice likes this.

  12. #12112
    Mojo Riposte June Bug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Centex
    Posts
    6,838
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin Bike View Post
    Sugar is also cancer and Alzheimer’s favorite food. Cut out sugar and you cut your odds on those.
    This! But beware chemical sugar substitutes as well. Just say No! to Diet Coke.
    gotdurt likes this.
    Woman Who Drinks 6 Cups Of Coffee and 6 Diet Cokes Per Day Trying To Cut Down On Blue Light At Bedtime
    The Onion

  13. #12113
    MoJo Bishop biga9999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Cedar Park
    Posts
    220
    2 cups of coffee with a tbl spoon of Irish Butter (Kerrygold) and heavy whipping cream. Lunch and dinner are veggies and protein (Beef, chicken, pork, bacon. 2x as much veggie as protein). Snack on Almonds in the afternoon.

    Cut out beer, bread, pasta and most things with added sugar. Still have bourbon on occ.

    Started this a few years ago, weighed 300. Lost 80 lbs in about 9 months. Now I sit between 225-230.

    I found what worked for me. Bacon, brisket sausage and a shit ton of riced cauliflower.
    Austin Bike and rockshins like this.

  14. #12114
    Flatulent Fellow gotdurt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Here and there
    Posts
    853
    Quote Originally Posted by HoneyBadger View Post
    Maybe, just maybe, I was been sarcastic. I know who Morealice is.
    Here, put these in your pocket:
    [sarcasm] [/sarcasm]
    Over the hill, and shredding down
    Youtube

  15. #12115
    MoJo Pope throet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Cedar Park, TX
    Posts
    532
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMentallo View Post
    Is that the same one when we met up that one time and trimmed the Candyland trails?
    Yep I'm pretty sure that was one of the days I hit my head on it. I think it's the first bit of "tech" on Gumdrop when you're going W-E. Just a little step-up. The limb seems far enough from the feature to not have an impact. We had talked about possibly removing it that day, but I think decided to just leave it alone. I probably just need to remain seated until I get right up on that step-up before raising up out of the saddle. I don't recall anybody else I've ridden with over there ever hitting it.

  16. #12116
    MoJo Pope throet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Cedar Park, TX
    Posts
    532
    Quote Originally Posted by AtariAge View Post
    Glad I'm not the only one! I hit this branch going W-E several weeks ago, it caught me completely by surprise, and I almost lost my balance. Normally I ride it in the other direction, but I've started riding it backwards near the end of my rides.
    Good to know I'm not the only one then! Maybe one of the times it was a glancing blow for me and I just kept going, but at least twice it has stopped me in my tracks without actually knocking me off the bike. I'm going to go out this evening and really try to figure out what's going on with it - maybe take some pictures.

  17. #12117
    MoJo Mother Superior Morealice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In Orbit
    Posts
    2,030
    Quote Originally Posted by gotdurt View Post
    Here, put these in your pocket:
    [sarcasm] [/sarcasm]
    Man when you gonna come out and make me PAY again?!

  18. #12118
    MoJo Mother Superior Cafeend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Eastbound and Down
    Posts
    1,015
    Quote Originally Posted by throet View Post
    Yep I'm pretty sure that was one of the days I hit my head on it. I think it's the first bit of "tech" on Gumdrop when you're going W-E. Just a little step-up. The limb seems far enough from the feature to not have an impact. We had talked about possibly removing it that day, but I think decided to just leave it alone. I probably just need to remain seated until I get right up on that step-up before raising up out of the saddle. I don't recall anybody else I've ridden with over there ever hitting it.
    When we rode over there you did knock the shit out of your head. Im short so it doesnt bother me.

    Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
    throet likes this.

  19. #12119
    Flatulent Fellow gotdurt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Here and there
    Posts
    853
    Quote Originally Posted by Morealice View Post
    Man when you gonna come out and make me PAY again?!
    Haha, right, I'm not making anyone "pay" this time of year... too damn hot n sticky to ride. I did a night ride with Ganderson a few weeks ago and was sucking wind, bad. I've since mixed a couple of short night trail rides with street rides to Brushy (from home), but not enough to help. Easier to just sit at my desk in the AC and troll...
    I need to tear down my brakes anyway. Yea, that's it.
    Over the hill, and shredding down
    Youtube

  20. #12120
    Fuhlauto Balogna Ridenfool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Rural Texas
    Posts
    2,844
    Quote Originally Posted by biga9999 View Post
    Started this a few years ago, weighed 300. Lost 80 lbs in about 9 months. Now I sit between 225-230.

    I found what worked for me. Bacon, brisket sausage and a shit ton of riced cauliflower.
    I love reading a good success story. I've got another twenty pounds to go to get in that range, which is about what I'm aiming for. Congrats on your transformation!

    Cauliflower, the healthy potato/rice/etc. substitute! Mashed with Kerrygold and sour cream, then spiced to suit, it is one of my faves.

    Have been using Xylitol, sparingly, as a sweetener in coffee. It casts magic spells that break down enzymes holding biofilm together that would otherwise protect Candida and other bio-critters. And, it tastes really good as well. Have also been using it in a sinus rinse for combating the most prominent of the symptoms I have, chronic sinusitis.
    biga9999 likes this.
    "When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries of life disappear and life stands explained."
    ~ Mark Twain
    Local Trails - Rocky Hill Ranch

Remove Ads

Search tags for this page (caching method: table)

bikingbrushycreek video

,

brushy creek mountain bike trail

,
brushy creek mountain bike trail map
,

brushy creek mtb trail

,
brushy creek single track
,
brushy creek trail mountain bike
,

deception trail austin

,

deception trail brushy creek

,
deception trail cedar park
,
ragnar lothbrok in blood
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •