Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 33

Thread: Anyone else get "blue ride"?

  1. #1
    Live Medium Bamwa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Gnarnia
    Posts
    2,603

    Anyone else get "blue ride"?

    Kind of like blue balls or blue clit, I took a noob out to the nut on Sunday and didn't get off.
    The pace was painfully slow but I'm a good friend and suffered silently.
    So Monday night itscraig and I hit emma up backward. Whoo, I feel soooo much better now.
    ahhhhhhhhh.

  2. #2
    MoJo Neophyte KevinR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    12
    while i'm not so inclined to think of the blue imagery here, i am now wanting to go try Emma backwards. If i can't see the "main loop" signs, I'll follow the blue line you've left i guess.

  3. #3
    MoJo Mother Superior coopers98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    1,087
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamwa View Post
    Kind of like blue balls or blue clit, I took a noob out to the nut on Sunday and didn't get off.
    The pace was painfully slow but I'm a good friend and suffered silently.
    So Monday night itscraig and I hit emma up backward. Whoo, I feel soooo much better now.
    ahhhhhhhhh.
    YES

  4. #4
    MoJo Friar jgloss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    N. austin
    Posts
    121
    I know the feeling, I still consider myself a noob, but took a friend riding at walnut few weekends back and DAMN..having to wait for him to walk his bike down every obstacle and then walk up every obstacle was a pain in the ass!! some people are just Skeered I guess

  5. #5
    MoJo Neophyte KevinR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by jgloss View Post
    I know the feeling, I still consider myself a noob, but took a friend riding at walnut few weekends back and DAMN..having to wait for him to walk his bike down every obstacle and then walk up every obstacle was a pain in the ass!! some people are just Skeered I guess
    There are obstacles at walnut? I just tell everyone, stop thinking of it as a giant log jam, bricks, or picnic table, they are just piles of dirt (or at least will be in a 1000 years) - you ride over them just the same.

  6. #6
    MoJo PoLaR BeAr
    MoJo SuppoRteR
    Bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Cruising through the intermittent muck
    Posts
    12,679
    Blog Entries
    1
    I actually suffer this a bunch since I moved to PA ... most people up here in my local area just aren't into the 2+ hour rides that I am, and I don't pretend to understand it as the terrain and scenery is normally fabulous.

    But you gotta like rocks, roots, and leaves. Oh yeah, and some mud. Even in summer dry season I can find mud.

    And be comfy with being "out there" - capable of dragging yourself back by your lips if necessary - some of my rides put me outside of cell coverage for hours on end. That alone is worthy.

    So, my tactic is normally "most weekend rides are at my discretion of target and distance/duration" - and I keep the social rides to one or two after-work things.

    It's all about balance.

  7. #7
    MoJo Priest ItsCraig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    46
    Emma backwards is awesome. I especially love the signs that say "Wrong Way". What trail is that and why is it in so many places? BAMWA you forgot to mention the hellacool ride to the water and then the race pace back which seemed like it was all uphill for miles. Load lost long time.

  8. #8
    Mojo Chupacabra
    MoJo SuppoRteR
    nando's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    7,441
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamwa View Post
    Kind of like blue balls or blue clit, I took a noob out to the nut on Sunday and didn't get off.
    The pace was painfully slow but I'm a good friend and suffered silently.
    So Monday night itscraig and I hit emma up backward. Whoo, I feel soooo much better now.
    ahhhhhhhhh.
    Love the analogy…
    Holding steady at 1.41 times per day since 2002.
    Chronic Cycling has with cool cycling stuff.

  9. #9
    Mojo Slow-poke Austin Bike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Seat 21B - exit row aisle
    Posts
    17,036
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    I actually suffer this a bunch since I moved to PA ... most people up here in my local area just aren't into the 2+ hour rides that I am, and I don't pretend to understand it as the terrain and scenery is normally fabulous.

    But you gotta like rocks, roots, and leaves. Oh yeah, and some mud. Even in summer dry season I can find mud.

    And be comfy with being "out there" - capable of dragging yourself back by your lips if necessary - some of my rides put me outside of cell coverage for hours on end. That alone is worthy.

    So, my tactic is normally "most weekend rides are at my discretion of target and distance/duration" - and I keep the social rides to one or two after-work things.

    It's all about balance.
    Ted, if I had a dollar for every hour past 2 that we rode, I could buy us both bikes. Nice ones. Used to love the 4+ hour 25 mile GB rides.
    "A person can work up a mean, mean thirst after a hard day of nothing much at all" - Paul Westerberg

    庄富瑞

    Click HERE for all your Austin Biking information


  10. #10
    MoJo PoLaR BeAr
    MoJo SuppoRteR
    Bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Cruising through the intermittent muck
    Posts
    12,679
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin Bike View Post
    Ted, if I had a dollar for every hour past 2 that we rode, I could buy us both bikes. Nice ones. Used to love the 4+ hour 25 mile GB rides.
    ay-yup!

    you, then, understand my problem.

    :P

  11. #11
    MoJo Priest syadasti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    I actually suffer this a bunch since I moved to PA ... most people up here in my local area just aren't into the 2+ hour rides that I am, and I don't pretend to understand it as the terrain and scenery is normally fabulous.
    Sent you a PM. I'm riding with some friends from Ithaca, NY on Saturday at one of my favorite trails - Moosic in PA.

  12. #12
    MoJo PoLaR BeAr
    MoJo SuppoRteR
    Bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Cruising through the intermittent muck
    Posts
    12,679
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by syadasti View Post
    Sent you a PM. I'm riding with some friends from Ithaca, NY on Saturday at one of my favorite trails - Moosic in PA.
    saw that!

    you failed to say *when* you were planning on feet-in-pedals!

  13. #13
    MoJo Priest syadasti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    saw that!

    you failed to say *when* you were planning on feet-in-pedals!
    You coming, did you get my PM? Bill is waiting to hear back from everyone but we are likely aiming for closer to 11.

  14. #14
    MoJo PoLaR BeAr
    MoJo SuppoRteR
    Bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Cruising through the intermittent muck
    Posts
    12,679
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by syadasti View Post
    You coming, did you get my PM? Bill is waiting to hear back from everyone but we are likely aiming for closer to 11.
    I'm pretty sure I can make 11am.

    How can I resist - you're so persuasive.

    ;^)

  15. #15
    Live Medium Bamwa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Gnarnia
    Posts
    2,603
    I love moosic! I listen to it every day even.

    p.s.
    Blue Note Records is one of my favorite labels, and blueberries are yummy.

  16. #16
    MoJo Mother Superior Chardog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    1953 Parade Home
    Posts
    7,955
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinR View Post
    i am now wanting to go try Emma backwards.
    kinky
    "Bicycling is a big part of the future. It has to be. There is something wrong with a society that drives a car to work out in a gym."
    - Bill Nye, the science guy


    Thanks REI for supporting Austin Ridge Riders Programs: http://www.austinridgeriders.com/
    IMBA visits blogs & photos: http://onthetrail.imbatools.com/?p=638
    http://onthetrail.imbatools.com/?p=602

  17. #17
    MoJo Mother Superior notyal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Wimberley
    Posts
    2,210
    Thought of this thread today. I've had a series of rides that have been plagued by mechanicals, cancelled due to rain, or too short due to time constraints lately. Looks like more of the same this weekend. If it rains tonight, I might have to "rub one out" on the road tomorrow. That will have to hold me over 'til the next time I can bust a nut all over the greenbelt's face.
    "living today like it is the first day of the rest of my week"

  18. #18
    hold my beer and watch this! RMBL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    78611
    Posts
    8,218
    Quote Originally Posted by notyal View Post
    Thought of this thread today. I've had a series of rides that have been plagued by mechanicals, cancelled due to rain, or too short due to time constraints lately. Looks like more of the same this weekend. If it rains tonight, I might have to "rub one out" on the road tomorrow. That will have to hold me over 'til the next time I can bust a nut all over the greenbelt's face.
    there are plenty of places to ride when it rains/ has rained
    Quote Originally Posted by Everyone
    Is Walnut Dry?

  19. #19
    MoJo Mother Superior notyal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Wimberley
    Posts
    2,210
    Quote Originally Posted by RMBL View Post
    there are plenty of places to ride when it rains/ has rained
    True, and that would be helpful if it were my only problem. To further the analogy, thats like saying "Why? There are plenty of sluts out there."

    Usually, it's the time thing. So when it rains during my small window of opportunity, its not always an option to make the round trip to Burnet or even CP.
    "living today like it is the first day of the rest of my week"

  20. #20
    hold my beer and watch this! RMBL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    78611
    Posts
    8,218
    Quote Originally Posted by notyal View Post
    True, and that would be helpful if it were my only problem. To further the analogy, thats like saying "Why? There are plenty of sluts out there."

    Usually, it's the time thing. So when it rains during my small window of opportunity, its not always an option to make the round trip to Burnet or even CP.
    understood.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everyone
    Is Walnut Dry?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Search tags for this page (caching method: table)

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •