Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 231
Like Tree184Likes

Thread: Youtubiness

  1. #181
    MoJo Mother Superior yosmithy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Cedar Park
    Posts
    1,237
    wow...

    throet likes this.

  2. #182
    Novice Narwhal ericandrewscott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Austin, United States
    Posts
    493
    Mongoose still makes bikes?

    throet likes this.

  3. #183
    MoJo Priest 4fun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Cedar park
    Posts
    62
    Who knew? That was pretty sick riding!

  4. #184
    prodigal son of Austin Teamsloan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    North Austin
    Posts
    1,819
    Quote Originally Posted by ericandrewscott View Post
    Mongoose still makes bikes?

    Chris is one of my favorite riders. Truly one of those riders that I think, I wish I could ride like that.

    He just takes a normal technical ride and then figures out how to make it WAY more technical and more flowy all at the same time. Hes a genius.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    gotdurt likes this.
    -the oracle has spoken.

    Trying to live the MTB lifestyle on a Jogger budget.
    '12 Santa Cruz BlurLT 2.2
    '07 Scott Scale 30
    '01 Specialized Rockhopper Comp Disc (loaner/commuter bike)

    Charcoal Gray 2010 Subaru Outback 2.5i


  5. #185
    MoJo Mother Superior RidingAgain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    SW Austin
    Posts
    1,090
    Crashes and gets knocked out in dream...

    gotdurt likes this.

  6. #186
    Flatulent Fellow gotdurt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Here and there
    Posts
    871
    Hahaha... I have been accused of speeding up my videos (see the comments; he apparently hates Texas, too):
    Last edited by gotdurt; 06-26-2018 at 11:35 PM.
    Over the hill, and shredding down
    Youtube

  7. #187
    Mojo Bike Part Terminator Seths Pool's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    austin
    Posts
    3,476
    Quote Originally Posted by gotdurt View Post
    Hahaha... I have been accused of speeding up my videos (see the comments; he apparently hates Texas, too):
    you wear a gimbal now or what?

    and after watching most of the video, I'll believe you if you say so, but it does actually look kinda sped up. around the 1:20 mark you're doing some steep looking climbs and looks like youre flying up them, and especially at the 1:32 mark you said something and it sounded sped up. not being a hater, just giving feedback since you mentioned it. and I really do like that suspension view with you being able to see the fork and rear shock in the same shot! sweet!
    Last edited by Seths Pool; 06-27-2018 at 08:05 AM.
    redrider3141 likes this.
    "Less yap more braap"

    "Strava is like Tinder for bros"

  8. #188
    I came here for the Tacos redrider3141's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    192
    Quote Originally Posted by Seths Pool View Post
    you wear a gimbal now or what?

    and after watching most of the video, I'll believe you if you say so, but it does actually look kinda sped up. around the 1:20 mark you're doing some steep looking climbs and looks like youre flying up them, and especially at the 1:32 mark you said something and it sounded sped up. not being a hater, just giving feedback since you mentioned it. and I really do like that suspension view with you being able to see the fork and rear shock in the same shot! sweet!
    I agree, it does have the appearance of being faster than reality. Maybe the frame rate? I was playing it at different resolutions and it seemed like it changed. Is 48 FPS common? I've usually seen 30 or 60, is it possible the YouTube converters messed it up?

    Since I assume you have the original just play both videos at once, the Original from your HD and the YouTube one. After a few minutes if one is faster it should show a difference in pace.
    For Trails: 2007 Diamondback Mission FS
    For Excercise/Pulling the Kid Trailer: 2017 Ghost Kato HT

  9. #189
    Flatulent Fellow gotdurt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Here and there
    Posts
    871
    Quote Originally Posted by Seths Pool View Post
    you wear a gimbal now or what?

    and after watching most of the video, I'll believe you if you say so, but it does actually look kinda sped up. around the 1:20 mark you're doing some steep looking climbs and looks like youre flying up them, and especially at the 1:32 mark you said something and it sounded sped up. not being a hater, just giving feedback since you mentioned it. and I really do like that suspension view with you being able to see the fork and rear shock in the same shot! sweet!
    Yea, had a gimbal for a while now.
    Looks totally normal to me... It's a fast trail (one reason it's so popular), so I had momentum going into that climb, and since it was short, I tried to keep as much of that momentum as I could. As for the voice, it just sounds like my normal, out of breath nodules on the vocal cords voice...
    Yea, I hate to lose that suspension view, but nowhere to mount it on the Mega. I used it on the Dakota Ridge video too.

    Quote Originally Posted by redrider3141 View Post
    I agree, it does have the appearance of being faster than reality. Maybe the frame rate? I was playing it at different resolutions and it seemed like it changed. Is 48 FPS common? I've usually seen 30 or 60, is it possible the YouTube converters messed it up?

    Since I assume you have the original just play both videos at once, the Original from your HD and the YouTube one. After a few minutes if one is faster it should show a difference in pace.
    48 is an option at 960p on my Hero3 Silver, I use it on all of my videos.

    It doesn't look faster than reality to me, but then I lived it, so I have a frame of reference. Maybe it's the smoothness of the gimbal that makes it appear faster, but it doesn't seem that fast on my end. The other video, Apex (same trail as the 2nd 1/2 of this video) looks the same...

    I've actually suddenly gotten 3 more dislikes and another guy just posted "You sound like a narcissist who cannot stand criticism. Like Dennis from “It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia”. Also, go back to Texas. "... Keep in mind that this video is a year old, lol. Sounds like some folks hate Texans... jealous Edit: he deleted it...
    Last edited by gotdurt; 06-27-2018 at 03:14 PM.
    Over the hill, and shredding down
    Youtube

  10. #190
    MoJo Mother Superior yosmithy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Cedar Park
    Posts
    1,237
    Quote Originally Posted by gotdurt View Post
    Sounds like some folks hate Texans... jealous Edit: he deleted it...
    You know how difficult it's going to be for me to stay away from those comments....especially after beer:30
    gotdurt likes this.

  11. #191
    Flatulent Fellow gotdurt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Here and there
    Posts
    871
    Quote Originally Posted by yosmithy View Post
    You know how difficult it's going to be for me to stay away from those comments....especially after beer:30
    Have fun, knock yerself out! This particular video is a bit of an anomaly, I think it got posted on a message board or forum somewhere, either with some kids or hater-hikers. You used to be able to view the linking pages to see where traffic was coming from; probably still can, may have just moved it... I'll go do some digging.
    yosmithy likes this.
    Over the hill, and shredding down
    Youtube

  12. #192
    MoJo Mother Superior FJsnoozer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    2,029
    Dislikes are probably because of your zero chill

    If you want to own it and defend it, thast cool, but you dont say "rider" and expect people to move out of your way. That doesnt even happen in XC races when it theoretically should.

  13. #193
    Flatulent Fellow gotdurt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Here and there
    Posts
    871
    Quote Originally Posted by FJsnoozer View Post
    Dislikes are probably because of your zero chill
    Not totally sure what "zero chill" refers to, but the dislikes came before my pinned post (I wasn't questioning something that didn't exist)... My curiosity on this anomaly is why I questioned it, because it was getting a disproportionate number of dislikes compared to 147 other videos, without commenting. It is also one the most liked-per-view... whatever it is, it's striking a chord with some people, would just like to know whose buttons I'm pushing.

    If you want to own it and defend it, thast cool, but you dont say "rider" and expect people to move out of your way. That doesnt even happen in XC races when it theoretically should.
    I've been mtb'ing for 30 years, and at one time, people did respect the "rider" callout, and usually, they still do. Regardless, I'm not sure why that matters; I called "rider", he didn't move, so I waited... not much to be offended by there...

    Edit: oh, I see, zero chill because the guy didn't yield? Again, what is "zero chill" about stopping and waiting? That's the ultimate "chill", lol.
    Last edited by gotdurt; 06-27-2018 at 11:40 AM.
    Over the hill, and shredding down
    Youtube

  14. #194
    MoJo Mother Superior FJsnoozer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    2,029
    Quote Originally Posted by gotdurt View Post
    Not totally sure what "zero chill" refers to, but the dislikes came before my pinned post (I wasn't questioning something that didn't exist)... My curiosity on this anomaly is why I questioned it, because it was getting a disproportionate number of dislikes compared to 147 other videos, without commenting. It is also one the most liked-per-view... whatever it is, it's striking a chord with some people, would just like to know whose buttons I'm pushing.

    I've been mtb'ing for 30 years, and at one time, people did respect the "rider" callout, and usually, they still do. Regardless, I'm not sure why that matters; I called "rider", he didn't move, so I waited... not much to be offended by there...
    You dont have to defend it to me, I could care less, and you would probably never catch up to me on the trail.

    You can google what zero chill is. But your captions could be construed as being an impatient jerk and the fact that you only say "rider" with the expectation everyone on two wheels is "in the know" and moves over for you so you can go the speed you want.

    Whats wrong with saying "Hey, mate, can I pass when its safe?" and freewheel at a safe distance.

    I've been caught by some crazy fast and super cool guys that just start a friendly conversation behind you to let you know they are there.

  15. #195
    Flatulent Fellow gotdurt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Here and there
    Posts
    871
    Quote Originally Posted by FJsnoozer View Post
    You dont have to defend it to me, I could care less, and you would probably never catch up to me on the trail.
    Then why bring it up, Hot Rod? I originally posted this about the "sped up" accusation, not sure why you took it here...

    Quote Originally Posted by FJsnoozer View Post
    You can google what zero chill is. But your captions could be construed as being an impatient jerk and the fact that you only say "rider" with the expectation everyone on two wheels is "in the know" and moves over for you so you can go the speed you want.
    I get what "zero chill" is, I just didn't know where you were applying it, because no one was discussing the passing part.

    Quote Originally Posted by FJsnoozer View Post
    Whats wrong with saying "Hey, mate, can I pass when its safe?" and freewheel at a safe distance.

    I've been caught by some crazy fast and super cool guys that just start a friendly conversation behind you to let you know they are there.
    What's wrong with not wanting to strike up a conversation? The dude didn't even acknowledge my presence, which led to my benign captions and ultimate in patience; I stopped and let him do his thing. However, since we are on that topic, if someone comes up behind me and says "rider", "excuse me", "move over slowpoke", or "get the hell out of my way"... whatever, I will acknowledge and move over out of respect for their ride. There was plenty of room beside him, I could have just blasted past if I was a prick, but I don't have a chip on my shoulder, nothing to prove. I expect the same courtesy from others, but it's not the end of the world; if they don't yield, then I will adjust to the situation myself, because I am a reasonable person. No harm done to those actually involved here...
    Last edited by gotdurt; 06-27-2018 at 12:21 PM.
    Over the hill, and shredding down
    Youtube

  16. #196
    MoJo Mother Superior notyal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Wimberley
    Posts
    2,210
    FJsnoozer likes this.
    "living today like it is the first day of the rest of my week"

  17. #197
    MoJo Mother Superior RidingAgain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    SW Austin
    Posts
    1,090
    gotdurt... Great video... Nice riding... Made me take a look at the area as a possible destination.

    On the "Rider" thing... Maybe the fella needed a little more promting re. hearing you and pulling over, but you did what worked for you without getting into any contention... That works for me.

    On the speed... Seems faster than normal... But I've gotten use to that as most mtb videos are the same.

    Thanks for the video.
    gotdurt likes this.

  18. #198
    MoJo Mother Superior FJsnoozer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    2,029
    Quote Originally Posted by gotdurt View Post
    Then why bring it up, Hot Rod? I originally posted this about the "sped up" accusation, not sure why you took it here...
    You asked why people dislike your video. Try being a friendlier Texan when on the trail.


    Its good video content otherwise.
    Last edited by FJsnoozer; 06-27-2018 at 04:56 PM.

  19. #199
    prodigal son of Austin Teamsloan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    North Austin
    Posts
    1,819
    The two of you need to go eat a snickers.
    FJsnoozer likes this.
    -the oracle has spoken.

    Trying to live the MTB lifestyle on a Jogger budget.
    '12 Santa Cruz BlurLT 2.2
    '07 Scott Scale 30
    '01 Specialized Rockhopper Comp Disc (loaner/commuter bike)

    Charcoal Gray 2010 Subaru Outback 2.5i


  20. #200
    Flatulent Fellow gotdurt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Here and there
    Posts
    871
    Quote Originally Posted by FJsnoozer View Post
    You asked why people dislike your video.
    Except that... I didn't... lol.
    Over the hill, and shredding down
    Youtube

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Remove Ads

Search tags for this page (caching method: table)

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •