Page 59 of 127 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 2534
Like Tree994Likes

Thread: South Austin Trail Network

  1. #1161
    MoJo Priest cwilkATX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    66
    I was able to do a couple laps in Bauerle and it's mostly dry. It gets a bit muddy along the creek east of the neighborhood bridge. The bottom of the rocky downhill closest to Manchaca Rd. was about a foot under water. The trails are nice and tacky.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #1162
    Lucky Spoke Pro Bike Service ramsey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    55

    C&D 2.23.17

    It looks like ideal conditions tomorrow.

    WC was pretty fast tonight.

  3. #1163
    MoJo Priest Slow2Recover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Pflugerville
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by The Tip View Post
    I just got back from hiking around looking at things. Even on the well drained parts I was picking mud up on my boots. The low spots will be worse of course.

    This wind, sun, and heat are a good thing though!

    Let's do a Thursday Crank and Drank. The trails might be ready in some spots tomorrow, but for sure they'll be ready by Thursday.

    ATX Bikes back door, Thursday, 6pm.
    Does beer taste better on Thursdays than on Tuesdays? We'll find out.
    I am assuming one needs lights for this ride? Any recommendations for lights? Something that can be bought locally and affordable.

  4. #1164
    MoJo Mother Superior The Tip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    In the heart of the ................... SATN
    Posts
    1,860
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow2Recover View Post
    I am assuming one needs lights for this ride? Any recommendations for lights? Something that can be bought locally and affordable.
    Yes, still need lights, since we ride until 7:30 - 8:00-ish. You need at least two lights. Most folks have one on their handlebars and one on their helmet. Some people have more than two. There's one guy out there that has four, but we won't name names. Don't go cheap, get the 750 lumens rechargeable lights. They cost about $70 bucks. Internet deals can be had too.

    Before I did it I thought riding at night was crazy. But after I got lit up and started doing it I kicked myself for waiting so long. It's great fun and very invigorating. After the March 12 time change you might not need lights anymore, but I will still do some night riding in the summer to escape the heat.

    Sounds like the trails will be in great shape for tonight. Maybe we can see some new stuff. (yes, that is a tease to entice attendance!)

  5. #1165
    MoJo Priest Slow2Recover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Pflugerville
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by The Tip View Post
    Yes, still need lights, since we ride until 7:30 - 8:00-ish. You need at least two lights. Most folks have one on their handlebars and one on their helmet. Some people have more than two. There's one guy out there that has four, but we won't name names. Don't go cheap, get the 750 lumens rechargeable lights. They cost about $70 bucks. Internet deals can be had too.

    Before I did it I thought riding at night was crazy. But after I got lit up and started doing it I kicked myself for waiting so long. It's great fun and very invigorating. After the March 12 time change you might not need lights anymore, but I will still do some night riding in the summer to escape the heat.

    Sounds like the trails will be in great shape for tonight. Maybe we can see some new stuff. (yes, that is a tease to entice attendance!)
    I bought a couple of lights and plan on attending tonight. I live north so I will head that way early and hopefully avoid the heavy traffic.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #1166
    MoJo Mother Superior FJsnoozer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    2,030
    I may show up if I can get across the creek.

  7. #1167
    MoJo Priest Slow2Recover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Pflugerville
    Posts
    69
    I am in traffic but on my way. Hopefully I will be there in time.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #1168
    MoJo Priest cwilkATX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    66
    Waiting patiently


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #1169
    MoJo Priest Slow2Recover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Pflugerville
    Posts
    69
    Siri said I was 12 minutes out. But she also said traffic was light. She doesn't have a clue.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #1170
    Ayatollah of Rock and Rollah mack_turtle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    ATX southside
    Posts
    1,961
    Are you posting on Voodoo while you are DRIVING?

    Edit: not cool.
    Last edited by mack_turtle; 02-23-2017 at 07:22 PM.

  11. #1171
    MoJo Priest Slow2Recover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Pflugerville
    Posts
    69
    Where does everyone meet at?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #1172
    MoJo Priest Slow2Recover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Pflugerville
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by mack_turtle View Post
    Are you posting on Voodoo while you are DRIVING?
    Driving would mean the vehicle was moving. No I was sitting in the parking lot of traffic.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #1173
    Ayatollah of Rock and Rollah mack_turtle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    ATX southside
    Posts
    1,961
    Still counts.please, please stop doing that shit. Cyclists (and others) die every day from drivers who were "sitting still in traffic". You are not a special case.

    You can, and should, still get a ticket for that.
    Last edited by mack_turtle; 02-23-2017 at 08:28 PM.

  14. #1174
    Big wheeled Mojo ATX29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    393
    Quote Originally Posted by mack_turtle View Post
    Still counts.please, please stop doing that shit. Cyclists (and others) die every day from drivers who were "sitting still in traffic". You are not a special case.

    You can, and should, still get a ticket for that.
    Hmmm

    http://www.austintexas.gov/handsfree

    "No Texting, No Distractions
    A driver of a motor vehicle may not use a phone, tablet, or other device to view, send, or compose an electronic message while moving, per existing City of Austin Ordinance No. 20091022-028 and Ordinance No. 20091217-090. This law is commonly known as the texting-while-driving ban. Drivers may use their device to send messages while at a complete stop."
    mack_turtle likes this.
    Endurance: The end is nothing;the road is all.
    Willa Cather

  15. #1175
    MoJo Priest cwilkATX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    66

    South Austin Trail Network

    Quote Originally Posted by Slow2Recover View Post
    Where does everyone meet at?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    For future reference, behind ATXbikes at 6pm.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  16. #1176
    MoJo Priest Slow2Recover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Pflugerville
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by cwilkATX View Post
    For future reference, behind ATXbikes at 6pm.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I arrived at 6:10. I unloaded and went riding. Just a couple miles into the ride and right at dark I got a flat. It would hold air for about 10 minute worth of riding so I worked my way back to ATX. I dug a big piece of tree out of one of the knobbies when I got home. Looking forward to doing more night riding with my new lights. Hopefully I can find a group that rides north because the traffic sucked. Or give myself two hours to make the trip south.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  17. #1177
    MoJo Priest cwilkATX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow2Recover View Post
    I arrived at 6:10. I unloaded and went riding. Just a couple miles into the ride and right at dark I got a flat. It would hold air for about 10 minute worth of riding so I worked my way back to ATX. I dug a big piece of tree out of one of the knobbies when I got home. Looking forward to doing more night riding with my new lights. Hopefully I can find a group that rides north because the traffic sucked. Or give myself two hours to make the trip south.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That would be a long drive. Hopefully it will be a shorter drive in the summer when students are on vacation.

    Can anyone chime in on summer crank and drank hours? Do we start later to avoid the heat?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  18. #1178
    MoJo Priest Slow2Recover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Pflugerville
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by cwilkATX View Post
    That would be a long drive. Hopefully it will be a shorter drive in the summer when students are on vacation.

    Can anyone chime in on summer crank and drank hours? Do we start later to avoid the heat?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    But CAD is usually on Tuesday nights, correct? I can't make Tuesday nights.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  19. #1179
    MoJo Mother Superior crazyt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,547
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow2Recover View Post
    I arrived at 6:10. I unloaded and went riding. Just a couple miles into the ride and right at dark I got a flat. It would hold air for about 10 minute worth of riding so I worked my way back to ATX. I dug a big piece of tree out of one of the knobbies when I got home. Looking forward to doing more night riding with my new lights. Hopefully I can find a group that rides north because the traffic sucked. Or give myself two hours to make the trip south.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If you do a ride call people will join you.

  20. #1180
    MoJo Mother Superior Cafeend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Eastbound and Down
    Posts
    1,016
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow2Recover View Post
    I arrived at 6:10. I unloaded and went riding. Just a couple miles into the ride and right at dark I got a flat. It would hold air for about 10 minute worth of riding so I worked my way back to ATX. I dug a big piece of tree out of one of the knobbies when I got home. Looking forward to doing more night riding with my new lights. Hopefully I can find a group that rides north because the traffic sucked. Or give myself two hours to make the trip south.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What is North for you? Where do you normally ride that is North?

Remove Ads

Search tags for this page (caching method: table)

does south hills conservation area tie into sunset valley trails austin

,
is slaughter creek considered navigable
,
latta brancg greenbelr
,
latta branch greenbelt bike
,
slaughter creek preserve
,
slaughter creek preserve trail
,

slaughter creek trail

,
south austin trail network
,
south austin trails
,
trqck to veloway under mopac
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •