Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 53 of 53
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Another dead roadie

  1. #41
    MoJo Priest shotgun jeremy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    81
    That depends. I was in downtown Austin a couple weekends ago with the wife, and there was a group of 5 or 6 roadies that were being complete jackasses. None were wearing helmets, a few had no shirts on, all were in minimal clothing, and they were cutting off cars, running red lights, etc. Made me wish I had a dash can.

    Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

  2. #42
    Welcome to Costco, I love you. ninjammin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    584
    Will someone please change the title of this damn thread?
    Last edited by ninjammin; 06-14-2017 at 07:48 AM.

  3. #43
    MoJo Mother Superior FJsnoozer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    1,400
    Yes, please and I also don't understand why the tip and Jeremy don't know what a roadie is.

    Someone riding on a road is not a roadie. Someone riding a bike in a bike lane downtown without a helmet is not a roadie.

    The folks on road bikes and hybrids just getting from point a to b are not roadies. They are cyclists and commuters if you want to break it down further. And so are we.
    CBaron, AntonioGG, EMV and 2 others like this.

  4. #44
    Fuhlauto Balogna Ridenfool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Rural Texas
    Posts
    2,769
    Quote Originally Posted by FJsnoozer View Post
    Yes, please and I also don't understand why the tip and Jeremy don't know what a roadie is.

    Someone riding on a road is not a roadie. Someone riding a bike in a bike lane downtown without a helmet is not a roadie.

    The folks on road bikes and hybrids just getting from point a to b are not roadies. They are cyclists and commuters if you want to break it down further. And so are we.
    Wait.

    You mean to say that this thread isn't about people being injured and killed while moving a traveling band's equipment?

    I had been trying to make the connection between bicycles and Marshal Stacks and was coming up with zip, nada, zero.

    Thanks for the clue. This had been quite the head scratcher for me.
    "When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries of life disappear and life stands explained."
    ~ Mark Twain
    Local Trails - Rocky Hill Ranch

  5. #45
    MoJo Mother Superior FJsnoozer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    1,400
    Look, I am all for giving Roadies shit on the XC course as they grab a handful of brake and dab. But calling some helmetless commuter riding home a roadie is unfair even to roadies.

  6. #46
    Supporting Member
    MoJo SuppoRteR
    The Tip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    In the heart of the ............... SATN
    Posts
    1,429
    This latest tragedy was definitely about roadies. But I think it doesn't matter debating what one is or isn't. The point is that there is not enough awareness about anyone on a bike that is out in traffic. Like this latest thing. Do non-riders read the story and say, "oh, he fell asleep. Can't really blame him for plowing in to a bunch of bikers."

    There needs to be more publicity for drivers to be aware of us out there. I believe there needs to be more outrage from our biking community to make that happen.
    "Hurt a biker, go to jail."
    Has a nice ring to it.
    Just call me The SATN Pimp

  7. #47

  8. #48
    Live Medium Bamwa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Gnarnia
    Posts
    1,961

    This too! Terrible week for cyclists.

    Cyclist hit during 6th St. crash receives life threatening injuries | KXAN.com


    Trump is definitely not making America great again.
    Grab life by the timbales.

    I live off the land... There's rosemary and guinea hen eggs and coastal oats in my neighborhood!

  9. #49
    dab dab faceplant cramsay3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    334
    Merrick Isaacks sounds like a real piece of work. Allegedly.
    • "Go over the rock, go around the rock. Don't MOVE the rock!"
    • "Because trees don't travel 75 miles per hour."
    • "Enjoying nature...at a higher rate of speed."

  10. #50
    cmc
    cmc is offline
    MoJo Mother Superior cmc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    austin
    Posts
    2,344
    Quote Originally Posted by cramsay3 View Post
    Merrick Isaacks sounds like a real piece of work. Allegedly.
    I just googled Merrick Isaacks and there's a Facebook account that may or may not be him. Back in 2012, his parents frantically searching for him, and him posting pic of himself (at an age that looks like an 8th grader) with an assault rifle.

  11. #51
    MoJo Pope AntonioGG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Austin, tX
    Posts
    595
    Quote Originally Posted by cmc View Post
    I just googled Merrick Isaacks and there's a Facebook account that may or may not be him. Back in 2012, his parents frantically searching for him, and him posting pic of himself (at an age that looks like an 8th grader) with an assault rifle.
    Pretty sure it's the same guy.

  12. #52
    MoJo Neophyte joroshiba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by AntonioGG View Post
    Pretty sure it's the same guy.
    From what I've read something went wrong in that family, sister is currently serving jail time from what I understand for her own violent crimes. (This is according to someone I know who went to school with him)

  13. #53
    Mojo Mutha unclemeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    So Austin
    Posts
    968
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamwa View Post
    This too! Terrible week for cyclists.

    Cyclist hit during 6th St. crash receives life threatening injuries | KXAN.com


    Trump is definitely not making America great again.
    It's the Russians...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

Search tags for this page (caching method: table)

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •