Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: painting a frame

  1. #1
    MoJo Priest CANDYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    New Braunfels
    Posts
    40

    painting a frame

    Anyone got advice on painting a bike frame ? Frame is steel. Do i need to sand down to bare metal, or just scuff it up and leave the original powdercoated paint job there as a good base layer ? The original paint job is in pretty good shape, i just want to change colors.
    thanks

  2. #2
    two6labs Tuning Suspensions day & night two6labs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    155
    The best thing to do is to go to Auto Zone and buy some stuff called Aircraft stripper and the can will tell you how to do the rest... I painted a BMX bike and used this method for getting it down to bare metal and Wow what difference. This stuff is the Bomb!! Or what you think means great. Good luck!

  3. #3
    MoJo Priest CANDYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    New Braunfels
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by two6labs View Post
    The best thing to do is to go to Auto Zone and buy some stuff called Aircraft stripper and the can will tell you how to do the rest... I painted a BMX bike and used this method for getting it down to bare metal and Wow what difference. This stuff is the Bomb!! Or what you think means great. Good luck!
    What kind of paint did you use? How has it held up?

  4. #4
    Mojo Cereal Killer ab aeterno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    267
    Quote Originally Posted by CANDYMAN View Post
    What kind of paint did you use? How has it held up?
    make sure and do all the apint stripping and repainting in an eclsoed area
    Working on your single speed? I think I have a wheelset with your name on it

  5. #5
    MoJo Priest CANDYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    New Braunfels
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by ab aeterno View Post
    make sure and do all the apint stripping and repainting in an eclsoed area
    Working on your single speed? I think I have a wheelset with your name on it
    Dude, What's up ?!?! Long time no chat. What kind of wheelset? I think i may be going with a black and green theme You still enjoying your fixie ?

    Anything else new? I got a kayak for fishing now. We may need to hook up sometime and do a little fishin.

  6. #6
    Mojo Cereal Killer ab aeterno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    267
    Quote Originally Posted by CANDYMAN View Post
    Dude, What's up ?!?! Long time no chat. What kind of wheelset? I think i may be going with a black and green theme You still enjoying your fixie ?

    Anything else new? I got a kayak for fishing now. We may need to hook up sometime and do a little fishin.
    its the wheelset that came on my Rush Hour. Well used but, in pretty good shape. overall.

    Not much new, just working riding and raisning the little monster.
    Fishing season is here, waiting for the winds to lay down to get offshore. I need to get another kayak dammit

Remove Ads

Search tags for this page (caching method: table)

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •