Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Cypresswood

  1. #1
    SunNy dAyS! tree_magnet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Screaming toward the nearest tree!
    Posts
    258

    Cypresswood

    Rode Cypresswood trails early Thanksgiving morning for 2 hours. Some mud, but not too bad. No other traffic. Saw some no trespassing signs near some of the ingress/egress locations. What is the story on this place?

    Will my avatar now hang on post office walls everywhere, along with Osama and his henchman?

    Will they impound my bike?

    Am I destined to bounce in and out of half-way houses until I get straightened out?

    Are there any other places to ride in the Klein/Spring area, without having to go to MP or Huntsville?

    Happy belated Thanksgiving to MoJos everywhere.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it just may annoy enough people to make it worth your while.

  2. #2
    MoJo Mother Superior just riding along's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    TX-06
    Posts
    2,386
    I rode there yesterday on a full gut of turkey and dressing and did not barf.I also saw the no trespassing signs.Despite the signs,that place has alot of potential,and it was really close to my parents place in Tomball.I really like the lack of "No Bikes Beyond This Point"signs that were all over MP.

  3. #3
    mel
    mel is offline
    mojo tool fairy mel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Decker Prairie
    Posts
    4,890
    Glad ya'll were able to find Cypresswood. Just ignore the signs. The property owner doesn't live in the area and I suppose it's just a liability thing. It's a short but fun trail.

    Tree Mag, you should have hollered, I would have come out and rode with you.

    Mel
    Life isn't about how to survive the storm but how to dance in the rain.

    "High standards, low morals" The Brickhouse Club

  4. #4
    mel
    mel is offline
    mojo tool fairy mel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Decker Prairie
    Posts
    4,890

    Re: Cypresswood

    Originally posted by tree_magnet

    Are there any other places to ride in the Klein/Spring area, without having to go to MP or Huntsville?

    nope
    Life isn't about how to survive the storm but how to dance in the rain.

    "High standards, low morals" The Brickhouse Club

  5. #5
    SunNy dAyS! tree_magnet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Screaming toward the nearest tree!
    Posts
    258
    Darn, never had the opportunity to ride with you. Will you be racing or wrenching at RHR next week?

    Cypresswood is within 5 miles of my parents place and only a mile from the park that mom walks 5 or 6 mornings a week, while dad is cursing that "*&^&* stupid" little white ball at Treeline or Champions.

    The place has some potential, but needs a little TLC before it can realize it's potential. I really want to try that raised section, once it's reconstructed. You know the section, the wooden boardwalk that drops off like it was part of the 89 Frisco quake.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it just may annoy enough people to make it worth your while.

  6. #6
    MoJo Mother Superior just riding along's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    TX-06
    Posts
    2,386
    Originally posted by tree_magnet
    Darn, never had the opportunity to ride with you. Will you be racing or wrenching at RHR next week?

    Cypresswood is within 5 miles of my parents place and only a mile from the park that mom walks 5 or 6 mornings a week, while dad is cursing that "*&^&* stupid" little white ball at Treeline or Champions.

    The place has some potential, but needs a little TLC before it can realize it's potential. I really want to try that raised section, once it's reconstructed. You know the section, the wooden boardwalk that drops off like it was part of the 89 Frisco quake.
    What's going on at Rockyhill next week?

  7. #7
    SunNy dAyS! tree_magnet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Screaming toward the nearest tree!
    Posts
    258
    Originally posted by just riding along
    What's going on at Rockyhill next week?
    You mean, other than that damn burger that keeps callin' my name? I believe there's a dirty duathalon or some such nonsense. I'm willing to ride, but don't run for anyone (only "from" when appropriate).

    I'll probably be there, but may just go for the festivities (burgers and beer...wait, let me get my priorities straight...that should be "beer and a burger") if I can't find a pair of running feet.

    You considering wrenching?
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it just may annoy enough people to make it worth your while.

  8. #8
    MoJo Mother Superior just riding along's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    TX-06
    Posts
    2,386
    Originally posted by tree_magnet
    You mean, other than that damn burger that keeps callin' my name? I believe there's a dirty duathalon or some such nonsense. I'm willing to ride, but don't run for anyone (only "from" when appropriate).

    I'll probably be there, but may just go for the festivities (burgers and beer...wait, let me get my priorities straight...that should be "beer and a burger") if I can't find a pair of running feet.

    You considering wrenching?
    Had'nt really thought about it.I might ride though.

  9. #9
    MoJo|oJoM
    MoJo SuppoRteR
    data's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    I hate you bitch
    Posts
    4,896
    Originally posted by mel
    Tree Mag, you should have hollered, I would have come out and rode you.

    Mel


    Glad to see it's the same ole' Mel!!!

  10. #10
    mel
    mel is offline
    mojo tool fairy mel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Decker Prairie
    Posts
    4,890
    Originally posted by tree_magnet
    Cypresswood is within 5 miles of my parents place and only a mile from the park that mom walks 5 or 6 mornings a week, while dad is cursing that "*&^&* stupid" little white ball at Treeline or Champions.

    The place has some potential, but needs a little TLC before it can realize it's potential. I really want to try that raised section, once it's reconstructed. You know the section, the wooden boardwalk that drops off like it was part of the 89 Frisco quake.
    Do your parents live in Champions? Mine do and dad spends most days on the golf course. Wouldn't that be funny if they knew each other.

    Yes, Cypresswood isn't well care for. It used to be but has been neglegted recently. It got flooded really badly last year and we kinda quit going out there for awhile. I've seen lots of bmx'ers and downhillers on those wooden ramps. It scares me just to watch them. The trails have lots of potential and I think I'll start organizing some trail work out there. Night riding is pretty fun.

    Holler next time your in town.

    Mel
    Life isn't about how to survive the storm but how to dance in the rain.

    "High standards, low morals" The Brickhouse Club

  11. #11
    mel
    mel is offline
    mojo tool fairy mel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Decker Prairie
    Posts
    4,890
    Originally posted by data
    Glad to see it's the same ole' Mel!!!
    And I see it's the same ole you, altering my posts again
    Life isn't about how to survive the storm but how to dance in the rain.

    "High standards, low morals" The Brickhouse Club

Remove Ads

Search tags for this page (caching method: table)

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •