Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 48

Thread: Membership Drive!

  1. #21
    not my real name
    MoJo SuppoRteR
    Del Q's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    1,702
    Originally posted by George
    Not only is it recurring, but according to the fine print, it does so every 360 days instead of 365! Why, after 73 years, I'll have been gypped off one whole year! And that doesn't even include the 18.25 days lost in leap years!

    UNFAIR!

    Hehehehe

    Probably some kind of accounting thing.
    ...and the mountains shall drop sweet wine and the hills shall melt.

  2. #22
    boring the Inbred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    ATX
    Posts
    10,114
    these are some of the better membership options i've seen on a web-site. cool....

  3. #23
    MoJo Mother Superior SWORKZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    605
    So why can't the free user have the ability to view who's online. It's something rather small and it seems odd to me that a free user wouldn't be able to use that feature.

  4. #24
    Pinche Admin
    MoJo SuppoRteR
    admin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    BoNe YarD
    Posts
    683

    New Pay Page

    There have been some issues about the recurring charge not to mention the pay processor is suffering a ddos attack at the moment so....
    I changed the payment page to do a one-off charge. I will send you a PM when the year is up. For those that used the other service, I will remove the recurring charge setting. I hope this will work out ok.

    URLs-->
    http://bikemojo.com/membership.htm <---Membership overview.

    http://bikemojo.com/mem.htm <---the supporters discount gear page.

    mojo
    ,,`,,`,,

  5. #25
    Pinche Admin
    MoJo SuppoRteR
    admin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    BoNe YarD
    Posts
    683
    Originally posted by SWORKZ
    So why can't the free user have the ability to view who's online. It's something rather small and it seems odd to me that a free user wouldn't be able to use that feature.
    Well... that page auto-refreshes every 30 seconds and in the process performs several database calls, so it's one of those features that uses quite a bit of resources. Sorry
    ,,`,,`,,

  6. #26
    blah Anita Handle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    fat antonio
    Posts
    13,319
    Originally posted by admin
    Well... that page auto-refreshes every 30 seconds and in the process performs several database calls, so it's one of those features that uses quite a bit of resources. Sorry
    You're (admin) talking about the page that shows a list of current users and what page they're looking at, right? I wonder if SWORKZ is refering to the list of users at the top of a message board.

  7. #27
    MoJo Mother Superior Scott Mc.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    1,088
    Just registered as a "SUPPORTER"

    Frankly, you guys whining about the auto renewal deal should pay a higher rate -- and get over it! SERIOUSLY. If it was up to me, I would set the supporter rate at $40 and give a $5 discount if you agreed to "auto renew".

    I place a good bit of value on this community, don't make it harder on someone else than is has to be.

    Hey admin, as a supporter do I now get one of those cool mojo badges with the star on it on my signature thing on the side?

  8. #28
    Pinche Admin
    MoJo SuppoRteR
    admin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    BoNe YarD
    Posts
    683
    Originally posted by Scott Mc.
    Hey admin, as a supporter do I now get one of those cool mojo badges with the star on it on my signature thing on the side?
    Yep!

    thanks for the support!
    ,,`,,`,,

  9. #29
    Mojo Road Warrior TXRAiDR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Northside Side of H-town!!!
    Posts
    3,022
    Will do. Can we get a personal's section up too? LOL J/K
    "As long as I breathe, I attack"-Bernard Hinault
    I've got more skill on two wheels than the majority of people have on two legs.

  10. #30
    Female DirtFace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Cedar Park
    Posts
    9,623
    I am in...I vant de badge!

  11. #31
    1/2 the bike, twice the man kenny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    9/10 of a mile north of 700 acres
    Posts
    1,993
    [

    Hey admin, as a supporter do I now get one of those cool mojo badges with the star on it on my signature thing on the side? [/B][/QUOTE]


    I'm a supporter. can I get a badge,too?????
    If you ain't crashin'
    You ain't goin' fast enough!!!!

  12. #32
    Female DirtFace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Cedar Park
    Posts
    9,623
    Hey instead of my avatar on a shirt, how about THE BADGE!

  13. #33
    Yo
    MoJo SuppoRteR
    TechniKal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Austin, TEXAS - thank God!
    Posts
    8,664
    Originally posted by Scott Mc.
    Just registered as a "SUPPORTER"

    Frankly, you guys whining about the auto renewal deal should pay a higher rate -- and get over it! SERIOUSLY. If it was up to me, I would set the supporter rate at $40 and give a $5 discount if you agreed to "auto renew".

    I place a good bit of value on this community, don't make it harder on someone else than is has to be.
    I signed up as non-recurring for a couple of reasons. First, I don't have a credit card - the draw would come directly from my checking account. I will not give anyone other than my wife and myself the right to draw out of my checking account without my explicit approval. Secondly, the charge is not coming directly from Mojo but from a a third party company that I've never heard of. Again, I'm not hot on granting access to someone I don't know. Have you ever tried to cancel a recurring magazine subscription? Ever tried to get a credit when they've accidentally double charged you? Not fun. (I don't expect problems with Mojo, but like I said, the charge is coming from a 3rd party company and I have no idea how much control Admin has over them)

    Is it more work for Mojo? Maybe, but then they should expect some extra work to happen when they are offering different levels of access -it's a cost of doing business. I whole-heartedly support Mojo and would have found a way of getting the membership regardless, but not in a recurring manner that's not under my control. Whining? So be it - the new method is much smarter for the consumer and will likely result in more members.

  14. #34
    Pinche Admin
    MoJo SuppoRteR
    admin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    BoNe YarD
    Posts
    683
    Originally posted by TechniKal
    I signed up as non-recurring for a couple of reasons. First, I don't have a credit card - the draw would come directly from my checking account. I will not give anyone other than my wife and myself the right to draw out of my checking account without my explicit approval. Secondly, the charge is not coming directly from Mojo but from a a third party company that I've never heard of. Again, I'm not hot on granting access to someone I don't know. Have you ever tried to cancel a recurring magazine subscription? Ever tried to get a credit when they've accidentally double charged you? Not fun. (I don't expect problems with Mojo, but like I said, the charge is coming from a 3rd party company and I have no idea how much control Admin has over them)

    Is it more work for Mojo? Maybe, but then they should expect some extra work to happen when they are offering different levels of access -it's a cost of doing business. I whole-heartedly support Mojo and would have found a way of getting the membership regardless, but not in a recurring manner that's not under my control. Whining? So be it - the new method is much smarter for the consumer and will likely result in more members.
    Yeah, the recurring thing probably wasn't a good idea. Hope I didn't scare too many people off with that one.
    ,,`,,`,,

  15. #35
    1/2 the bike, twice the man kenny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    9/10 of a mile north of 700 acres
    Posts
    1,993
    Hey Admin,
    What happened to my badge?
    If you ain't crashin'
    You ain't goin' fast enough!!!!

  16. #36
    Pinche Admin
    MoJo SuppoRteR
    admin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    BoNe YarD
    Posts
    683
    Originally posted by kenny
    Hey Admin,
    What happened to my badge?
    got ya back. sorry.
    ,,`,,`,,

  17. #37
    I miss my Mojo!
    MoJo SuppoRteR
    Stich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    476
    I vant the badge....I paid for the big one just because....I want to support
    Death by Drop Zone!

  18. #38
    1/2 the bike, twice the man kenny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    9/10 of a mile north of 700 acres
    Posts
    1,993
    Thank you!
    If you ain't crashin'
    You ain't goin' fast enough!!!!

  19. #39
    T__
    T__ is offline
    Mojo Heckler T__'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Out I-10 somewhere
    Posts
    5,766
    Thanks for the membership Admin. I have always felt bad that you and Alang were doing all the paying. Good luck. You are now officially businessmen. Let the fun and games begin...
    Dog Tacos - now available

    www.dogtacos.com, or Dog Tacos on Facebook

  20. #40
    MoJo Mother Superior Scott Mc.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    1,088
    Originally posted by T__
    Thanks for the membership Admin. I have always felt bad that you and Alang were doing all the paying. Good luck. You are now officially businessmen. Let the fun and games begin...
    AMEN!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Search tags for this page (caching method: table)

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •