Page 48 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast
Results 941 to 960 of 1358
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Cameron Park Trail Conditions

  1. #941
    Just along for the ride Wumpus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    the other 'CP'
    Posts
    8,674
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker17 View Post
    Trails are great. There was like no on the trails to day.
    I was


    Still no rain. We could actually use a little.
    "No bike does everything perfectly. In fact, no bike does anything until someone gets on it to ride."

  2. #942
    MoJo Priest mtnbiker17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    37
    No rain the trail is perfect and fast. They need to come in and reroute some trail. All that rain this winter left some nice size ruts in places.

  3. #943
    MoJo Priest mtnbiker17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    37
    Wish I was aloud to build some trails out there, or at least design some.

  4. #944
    Just a guy rollin` along on a bike. JustARider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    arlington tx
    Posts
    35
    Rumor has it you guys aren`t getting this rain we are up here...any truth to it?
    Just ride your bike. Seriously, stop whining and go ride.

  5. #945
    Just along for the ride Wumpus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    the other 'CP'
    Posts
    8,674
    Quote Originally Posted by JustARider View Post
    Rumor has it you guys aren`t getting this rain we are up here...any truth to it?
    It rained a bit, but it barely dampened the dirt.
    "No bike does everything perfectly. In fact, no bike does anything until someone gets on it to ride."

  6. #946
    Just a guy rollin` along on a bike. JustARider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    arlington tx
    Posts
    35
    *drool*. And I think I`m actually getting used to the drive LOL. The construction on UP drive shot my route to hell but I did learn a better way to get to the baseball field
    Just ride your bike. Seriously, stop whining and go ride.

  7. #947
    Just a guy rollin` along on a bike. JustARider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    arlington tx
    Posts
    35
    An open request, If I may...

    Will any of you guys that live down there post up tomorrow morning if there`s any rain tonight? Planning a trip down there but don`t want to have my plans thwarted if the trail is soupy.

    Thanks!
    Just ride your bike. Seriously, stop whining and go ride.

  8. #948
    Just along for the ride Wumpus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    the other 'CP'
    Posts
    8,674
    Quote Originally Posted by JustARider View Post
    The construction on UP drive shot my route to hell but I did learn a better way to get to the baseball field
    Lake Shore Drive?

    If you are coming from Dallas, that is the better chose to get the MCC baseball fields.


    No rain today
    "No bike does everything perfectly. In fact, no bike does anything until someone gets on it to ride."

  9. #949
    Just along for the ride Wumpus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    the other 'CP'
    Posts
    8,674

    Sunday Morning

    No rain and the sun is out.
    "No bike does everything perfectly. In fact, no bike does anything until someone gets on it to ride."

  10. #950
    Just a guy rollin` along on a bike. JustARider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    arlington tx
    Posts
    35
    Thank you very much sir! My riding partner bailed on me today so I may not make it. It`s a long way to go to ride by one`s self (not that there won`t be other people on the trail, but it`s a long drive home if I crash hard)
    Just ride your bike. Seriously, stop whining and go ride.

  11. #951
    Just along for the ride Wumpus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    the other 'CP'
    Posts
    8,674
    Quote Originally Posted by JustARider View Post
    Thank you very much sir! My riding partner bailed on me today so I may not make it. It`s a long way to go to ride by one`s self (not that there won`t be other people on the trail, but it`s a long drive home if I crash hard)
    One of these days we should meet up for a ride


    Trails were bone dry.
    "No bike does everything perfectly. In fact, no bike does anything until someone gets on it to ride."

  12. #952
    Just a guy rollin` along on a bike. JustARider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    arlington tx
    Posts
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by Wumpus View Post
    One of these days we should meet up for a ride


    Trails were bone dry.
    It figures they were.

    And absolutely. I don`t know the trails well (just well enough to get myself lost), it would be cool to chase someone who knows them

    I ride pretty much every weekend it`s dry. Next time I`m headed that way I`ll try to holler at ya` ahead of time.
    Just ride your bike. Seriously, stop whining and go ride.

  13. #953
    Just along for the ride Wumpus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    the other 'CP'
    Posts
    8,674

    Saw on the trail yesterday...



    First one of the season...somewhere on Johnny
    "No bike does everything perfectly. In fact, no bike does anything until someone gets on it to ride."

  14. #954
    MoJo Bishop weekendrider09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    san antonio,tx
    Posts
    153

    Visiting Waco

    We are bringing our MB on our vacation and visiting several places to ride.We leaving San Antonio Sunday morning.

    Sunday - LGT
    Monday - Cameron Park
    Tuesday - Sommerville Trailways
    Wednesday - RHR then home

    So as of today you haven't been getting all the rain that the hill country have been getting? That's great. this will be our first time riding there.

    The weather news tonight show a bunch of thunder clouds moving toward your way. So if you get rain how long do the trails need to dry up to be rideable?

    Can someone keep us posted on what conditions the trails will be on Sunday! May need to cancel our trip if rain pops up and our motel requires 48 hours notice.

    Thanks!

  15. #955
    Just along for the ride Wumpus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    the other 'CP'
    Posts
    8,674

    Monday

    It didn't rain much here today -- probably rideable right now -- definitely tomorrow

    Depending on how much rain -- 24-48hrs afterwards

    Trails are so dry right now it would take some significant rainfall to do anything.
    "No bike does everything perfectly. In fact, no bike does anything until someone gets on it to ride."

  16. #956
    MoJo Bishop weekendrider09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    san antonio,tx
    Posts
    153
    Quote Originally Posted by Wumpus View Post
    It didn't rain much here today -- probably rideable right now -- definitely tomorrow

    Depending on how much rain -- 24-48hrs afterwards

    Trails are so dry right now it would take some significant rainfall to do anything.
    Hope it holds out for for another week. Definately don't want to see that snake. Now seeing that snake what kind of medical supplies should we have on hand? Just in case.

  17. #957
    Just along for the ride Wumpus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    the other 'CP'
    Posts
    8,674
    Quote Originally Posted by weekendrider09 View Post
    Hope it holds out for for another week. Definately don't want to see that snake. Now seeing that snake what kind of medical supplies should we have on hand? Just in case.

    I just like to post up the snake pics for Loco. He hates snakes.

    Leave em alone if you see them in time. They usually mosey across the trail and continue on their way.
    "No bike does everything perfectly. In fact, no bike does anything until someone gets on it to ride."

  18. #958
    Just along for the ride Wumpus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    the other 'CP'
    Posts
    8,674

    Sunday May 23

    The XTERRA South Central Championship is headed quite literally to the Heart of Texas, as Waco sits smack dab in the middle of the state. The race itself is in Cameron Park, a vast 416-acre municipal playground that is celebrating its 100th anniversary this year. In addition to qualifying athletes for the 2010 XTERRA World Championship on Maui, the full distance race is also a qualifier for Team USA and the 2011 ITU World Championship Cross Triathlon.
    http://www.xterraplanet.com/races/race.cfm?race_id=1071

    SATURDAY, May 22

    6:30am-7:30am Late XTERRA Trail Run Packet Pickup* at Redwood Shelter, Cameron Park
    7:45am XTERRA Trail Run Race Briefing
    8:00am XTERRA 21K Trail Run Race Start (race #2 in the XTERRA Texas Series)
    8:10am XTERRA 10K Trail Run Race Start
    8:15am XTERRA 5K Trail Run Race Start
    8:00am-4:00pm Registration and Packet Pickup* for Championship/Sport races
    8:00am-4:00pm Expo Open
    10:00am XTERRA Trail Run Awards Ceremony, finish line area
    11:30am XTERRA University, presented by Paul Mitchell, hosted by Conrad Stoltz and Shonny Vanlandingham
    11:00am Bike/Run Courses open for practice after Trail Run finish
    1:00pm Kahuna’s Pre-Race Briefing, tent adjacent to transition/finish


    SUNDAY, May 23

    6:30am Transition and Body Marking open
    6:30am-7:30am Late Packet Pickup* (no new registration)
    8:30am-1:00pm Expo Open
    8:00am XTERRA Waco Sport Start (750m swim, 16K MTB, 5K trail run)
    8:30am XTERRA South Central Championship Start (1.5K swim, 24K MTB, 10K trail run)
    9:30am-1:30pm Paul Mitchell Cut-a-thon, a benefit for the Challenged Athletes Foundation
    9:00/9:15am XTERRA Waco Sport male/female winners expected
    11:15am/11:30am XTERRA South Central Championship male/female winners expected
    12:30pm Bike course cut-off for all athletes
    12:30pm XTERRA Championship/Sport Awards Ceremony
    7:00pm Post Race Party – Location TBD
    "No bike does everything perfectly. In fact, no bike does anything until someone gets on it to ride."

  19. #959
    MoJo Bishop weekendrider09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    san antonio,tx
    Posts
    153

    Wow!

    Quote Originally Posted by Wumpus View Post
    http://www.xterraplanet.com/races/race.cfm?race_id=1071

    SATURDAY, May 22

    6:30am-7:30am Late XTERRA Trail Run Packet Pickup* at Redwood Shelter, Cameron Park
    7:45am XTERRA Trail Run Race Briefing
    8:00am XTERRA 21K Trail Run Race Start (race #2 in the XTERRA Texas Series)
    8:10am XTERRA 10K Trail Run Race Start
    8:15am XTERRA 5K Trail Run Race Start
    8:00am-4:00pm Registration and Packet Pickup* for Championship/Sport races
    8:00am-4:00pm Expo Open
    10:00am XTERRA Trail Run Awards Ceremony, finish line area
    11:30am XTERRA University, presented by Paul Mitchell, hosted by Conrad Stoltz and Shonny Vanlandingham
    11:00am Bike/Run Courses open for practice after Trail Run finish
    1:00pm Kahuna’s Pre-Race Briefing, tent adjacent to transition/finish


    SUNDAY, May 23

    6:30am Transition and Body Marking open
    6:30am-7:30am Late Packet Pickup* (no new registration)
    8:30am-1:00pm Expo Open
    8:00am XTERRA Waco Sport Start (750m swim, 16K MTB, 5K trail run)
    8:30am XTERRA South Central Championship Start (1.5K swim, 24K MTB, 10K trail run)
    9:30am-1:30pm Paul Mitchell Cut-a-thon, a benefit for the Challenged Athletes Foundation
    9:00/9:15am XTERRA Waco Sport male/female winners expected
    11:15am/11:30am XTERRA South Central Championship male/female winners expected
    12:30pm Bike course cut-off for all athletes
    12:30pm XTERRA Championship/Sport Awards Ceremony
    7:00pm Post Race Party – Location TBD
    Good thing we are planning on riding there on Monday.

  20. #960
    MoJo Priest mtnbiker17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    37
    So the trails will be closed. Is there any other places to ride in Waco.

Remove Ads

Search tags for this page (caching method: table)

bat cave trail in cameron park waco
,
bike trails in cameron park ca
,
cameron park ho chi minh trail
,
cameron park mtb
,

cameron park trail conditions

,
cameron park waco river trail rock slide
,

cameron park waco trail conditions

,
waco mtb trail conditions
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •