Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 449

Thread: MS 150, bike to the beach, who's doing it?

  1. #21
    el Mero Chingon George's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Southside, San Antonio
    Posts
    5,104
    Quote Originally Posted by fishergirl
    hj and I registered.
    Thanks for the heads up. I see Sandy registered on the official roster, but not H.J. I'll check again tomorrow and if its not there, I'll need to track it down.

    As of this typing, we have four registered on the team: Sebas, Sandy, Chuck, and I. Remember folks, today is the last day to take advantage of the $25 earlybird registration. After today, it will be $40 until sometime in September when it goes up to $50.
    -George


    "...Despues me dijo un arriero
    que no hay que llegar primero,
    pero hay que saber llegar."

    El Rey - Jose Alfredo Jimenez

  2. #22
    MoJo|oJoM
    MoJo SuppoRteR
    data's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    I hate you bitch
    Posts
    4,896
    Quote Originally Posted by fishergirl
    George, do we need to sign up for rider and bike?
    or just rider only?
    You can't do just rider anymore? It's $10 for the bike only on Sunday, and $20 for the rider and bike on Sunday. I guess they figure that if the preson needs a ride, so does the bike?

  3. #23
    MoJo Mother Superior fishergirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    SA
    Posts
    6,708
    Quote Originally Posted by George
    Thanks for the heads up. I see Sandy registered on the official roster, but not H.J. I'll check again tomorrow and if its not there, I'll need to track it down.

    As of this typing, we have four registered on the team: Sebas, Sandy, Chuck, and I. Remember folks, today is the last day to take advantage of the $25 earlybird registration. After today, it will be $40 until sometime in September when it goes up to $50.
    hj should be under "Henry"

    I registered him like 2 minutes after I registered myself.
    I hope it shows up.
    Last edited by fishergirl; 05-31-2005 at 03:42 PM.
    It must suck to be you.

  4. #24
    700 Acres Pusher
    MoJo SuppoRteR
    aLaN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Down Town
    Posts
    14,333
    blueangle and I get in under the wire.
    BikeMojo.com Foreign Affairs Bureau Chief

  5. #25
    Mojo Poser Gerry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    S.A.
    Posts
    1,539
    I'm in.
    I want to be a Spartan.

  6. #26
    NRS
    NRS is offline
    MoJo Friar NRS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    132
    I 'm in.

    Now let's get some sponsor's........any ideas????? Let's Nascarsize the ride. Post billboards on our bikes for free beer???

  7. #27
    True Evil sentra2nr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    78240
    Posts
    164
    I will be riding this year. I wont be able to run the Mojo colors, but will still be there. I will be there representing Valero.
    The best things in life are not things....

  8. #28
    el Mero Chingon George's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Southside, San Antonio
    Posts
    5,104
    The registration rate for the event is now $40 and will kick up to $50 in September. BUT, for those that haven't registered yet, there might be some registration/promotional events this summer where they will offer $25 registration rates. They held a couple last summer and I would think they would do the same thing this year. But don't hold me to it. Stay tuned to this post for details.

    So far, we have the following ten registered:

    Sandy DeLeon
    Chuck Littleton
    George Longoria
    Eugene Padilla
    Alan Sansome
    Nestor Sauceda
    Sebastian Skerhut
    Joshua Symonds
    David Taylor
    Gerry Tompkins

    If you registered by yesterday evening with Team Bike Mojo and your name is not listed above, please let me know the name you registered under and an e-mail address or phone number you provided when registering so that I can have Tony Ralf at the MS Society track your registration down and add you to the team.

    Thanks!
    -George


    "...Despues me dijo un arriero
    que no hay que llegar primero,
    pero hay que saber llegar."

    El Rey - Jose Alfredo Jimenez

  9. #29
    el Mero Chingon George's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Southside, San Antonio
    Posts
    5,104

    Update from the MS Society

    With 113 days remaining until the 2005 H-E-B MS 150 Bike to the Beach Bike Tour, the event continues to set a record pace, surging past 1,200 registrations last week. This represents an 80 percent increase over registrations at this time last year.

    To date, the largest 16 teams are:

    Velo Valero (112 riders)
    Team Methodist (82)
    Mustang/Wood Group (41)
    Clear Channel Bike Team (38)
    Holt Peddlers (34)
    Team BP (16)
    SBC Spinners (15)
    SwRI Roadrunners (13)
    Cycling Crusaders (13)
    Team Bike Mojo (12)
    Hill Country Bicycle Touring Club (12)
    Team UHS (12)
    Team SAFD (11)
    H-E-B (11)
    Team Gore (10)
    Team Marriott (9)

    For those that missed the $25 early-bird registration special, here is another opportunity:

    Join Free Recommended Ride on June 18
    The Lone Star Chapter will hold a fully-supported 26-mile Recommended Ride at 7 a.m. Saturday, June 18, in Helotes, Texas. This ride replaces the June 11 Bike Rodeo.

    This is a great ride to help cyclists prepare for the H-E-B MS 150 Bike to the Beach Bike Tour. There is no need to register for this free Recommended Ride. Participants are required to complete a Waiver Form prior to departure and wear an ID wristband.

    Also, riders who choose to participate in this ride are eligible for a $15 savings on H-E-B MS 150 early-bird registrations. The special registration fee of $25 will only be available June 18 to Recommended Ride participants.

    The link below shows a map to the starting point at Roger Soler's Sports Store, located at 14405 Old Bandera Road in Helotes. For additional information, contact the Lone Star Chapter at 1-800-683-1627 or via e-mail at tony.ralf@txh.nmss.org.


    Training Ride Starting Point
    -George


    "...Despues me dijo un arriero
    que no hay que llegar primero,
    pero hay que saber llegar."

    El Rey - Jose Alfredo Jimenez

  10. #30
    el Mero Chingon George's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Southside, San Antonio
    Posts
    5,104
    For those that rode with Team Wells Fargo in the Houston-Austin ride, after a very successful campaign on that ride, TWF will be planning a team for the Bike to the Beach, however, unfortunately, it won't be organized by Babydoll.

    If you rode with TWF on the Houston-Austin ride and had a great experience, just know that the Bike to the Beach ride for that team is being organized by someone else. Sug informed me that if he and Babydoll DO participate in the Bike to the Beach, it will be with SBC or Bike Mojo.
    Last edited by George; 06-07-2005 at 02:51 PM.
    -George


    "...Despues me dijo un arriero
    que no hay que llegar primero,
    pero hay que saber llegar."

    El Rey - Jose Alfredo Jimenez

  11. #31
    MoJo Mother Superior fishergirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    SA
    Posts
    6,708
    Quote Originally Posted by George
    Team Bike Mojo (12)

    We can get more than 12 riders!
    C'mon people!


    Maybe we'll get more takers from A town and NB.

    How many were there last year?
    Last edited by fishergirl; 06-07-2005 at 03:08 PM.
    It must suck to be you.

  12. #32
    MoJo Hill Slug Cody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Childress, Texas
    Posts
    343
    It's still a little early. There's almost 4 months left till it starts. I'm sure Mojo will be back up to last years level by then. I think last year we had something like 60 people. Unfortunately I won't be on the Mojo team this year but I do plan on stopping by so I'll still pitch in for food and BEER.

    Cody
    ---------------
    Shakespeare once said: 'Hey...life is pretty stupid; with lots of hubbub to keep you busy, but really not amounting to much.'
    Of course, I'm paraphrasing: 'Life is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.' - Harris K. Telemacher
    ---------------

  13. #33
    el Mero Chingon George's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Southside, San Antonio
    Posts
    5,104
    Last year, we had 55 officially registered and about a dozen or so more who registered officially with other teams (due to familial or professional considerations) but rode and camped with Mojo.

    We are definitely ahead of last year's pace so don't fret too much over it. But even if we do end up with a team of just 30 riders, its no problem as the fun to be had on the road and in camp will not at all be diminished (and quite honestly, from my side of things, planning for a team of 30 is A LOT easier than for a team of 75!).

    Remember, we're in it for the sheer fun and camaradrie of it rather than statistical numbers. Come October, we'll be right where we want to be and all will be good and fun.
    -George


    "...Despues me dijo un arriero
    que no hay que llegar primero,
    pero hay que saber llegar."

    El Rey - Jose Alfredo Jimenez

  14. #34
    Disgruntled MoJo. Keith (Sugar)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Right here right now watching the world wake up from history.
    Posts
    2,101
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody
    Unfortunately I won't be on the Mojo team this year but I do plan on stopping by so I'll still pitch in for food and BEER.

    Cody
    Just stay away from the hard liquor.

    -KJ
    Nice Floaties.

    Man who stand on toilet, high on pot.

    God grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway.

  15. #35
    MoJo Hill Slug Cody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Childress, Texas
    Posts
    343
    Apparently it wasn't just the Tito's. Dr. said I had heat exhaustion and dehydration. They pumped 6 liters of fluid into me at the hospital. I guess I should have stopped at some of the rest stops. I thought 4 water bottles and the camelback would be enough. I guess not. I've learned my lesson though, less booze, more gatorade. BTW, does anyone know what happened to the rest of that bottle. I heard there was about half a bottle left and I would hate to think it ended up in the trash.

    I'm really starting to get worried that I won't even be able to get 25 riders on our team though. There just doesn't seem to be much interst here. I may end up on Team BikeMojo after all. At least I already have the jersey although I wouldn't mind getting another one.

    Cody
    Last edited by Cody; 06-07-2005 at 04:36 PM.
    ---------------
    Shakespeare once said: 'Hey...life is pretty stupid; with lots of hubbub to keep you busy, but really not amounting to much.'
    Of course, I'm paraphrasing: 'Life is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.' - Harris K. Telemacher
    ---------------

  16. #36
    MoJo Bishop Babydoll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    231
    Quote Originally Posted by George
    For those that rode with Team Wells Fargo in the Houston-Austin ride, after a very successful campaign on that ride, TWF will be planning a team for the Bike to the Beach, however, unfortunately, it won't be organized by Babydoll.

    If you rode with TWF on the Houston-Austin ride and had a great experience, just know that the Bike to the Beach ride for that team is being organized by someone else. Sug informed me that if he and Babydoll DO participate in the Bike to the Beach, it will be with SBC or Bike Mojo.

    This is true---WE WILL NOT BE RIDING WITH TEAM WELLS FARGO for the Bike to the Beach--god have mercy on those that do though....

    hey big G---Sug and I know you are looking for a replacement for Dan Dan the Barbecue man---we are volunteering to help you out---just tell us what we need and we will be more than happy to barbecue---we are pretty good at that barbecuing thing---and i have several secret marinades and sauces too---just let us know---

    we could even have a pre-ride barbecue tasting at our house to make sure we live up to Dan Dan the Barbecue Man.

    Samantha
    Hide and Watch!

  17. #37
    el Mero Chingon George's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Southside, San Antonio
    Posts
    5,104
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody
    I'm really starting to get worried that I won't even be able to get 25 riders on our team though. There just doesn't seem to be much interst here. I may end up on Team BikeMojo after all. At least I already have the jersey although I wouldn't mind getting another one.

    Cody
    Don't give up the ship yet. Even if you have just a handful on the team, stick with it! If you need logistic help, PM or e-mail me and I'm sure we can coordinate things with you. Another first time, fledgling team, Team Rackspace will also be in the Mojo fold.
    -George


    "...Despues me dijo un arriero
    que no hay que llegar primero,
    pero hay que saber llegar."

    El Rey - Jose Alfredo Jimenez

  18. #38
    el Mero Chingon George's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Southside, San Antonio
    Posts
    5,104
    Quote Originally Posted by Babydoll
    hey big G---Sug and I know you are looking for a replacement for Dan Dan the Barbecue man---we are volunteering to help you out---just tell us what we need and we will be more than happy to barbecue---we are pretty good at that barbecuing thing---and i have several secret marinades and sauces too---just let us know---

    we could even have a pre-ride barbecue tasting at our house to make sure we live up to Dan Dan the Barbecue Man.

    Samantha
    Excellent! Though I'd much more enjoy y'all riding with us instead. Either way, it'll be great to have y'all in camp. I spoke with Middy at last week's First Friday ride and he too expressed interest in being Dan's apprentice. MMMM, cabrito! Alan also mentioned he might have a line on a BBQ trailer so we'll all definitely be coordinating on this.

    Speaking of Dan, last night at the STORM meeting, I had Dan going that the Bike to Jack & Back ride in Tennessee had been cancelled. It is this ride, Tennessee's own version of the MS150, held the same weekend as Bike to the Beach, that will keep him and Liesl from joining us (I already had a Southwest Rapid Rewards ticket lined up to fly him down!). But after the sheer look of dissapointment on his face when I told him it was cancelled, I had to fess up the truth.
    Last edited by George; 06-07-2005 at 04:50 PM.
    -George


    "...Despues me dijo un arriero
    que no hay que llegar primero,
    pero hay que saber llegar."

    El Rey - Jose Alfredo Jimenez

  19. #39
    Disgruntled MoJo. Keith (Sugar)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Right here right now watching the world wake up from history.
    Posts
    2,101
    Quote Originally Posted by George
    For those that rode with Team Wells Fargo in the Houston-Austin ride, after a very successful campaign on that ride, TWF will be planning a team for the Bike to the Beach, however, unfortunately, it won't be organized by Babydoll.

    If you rode with TWF on the Houston-Austin ride and had a great experience, just know that the Bike to the Beach ride for that team is being organized by someone else. Sug informed me that if he and Babydoll DO participate in the Bike to the Beach, it will be with SBC or Bike Mojo.
    Hmmm...doing my best to bite my tongue on this one. Must...resist...urge...to... AW SCREW IT!!!

    But of the top 16 teams you listed...there seems to be someone missing.

    There's a certain "TEAM" that when organized by another certain "MOJO" was the largest team out of Austin on the BP MS150...and the 8th largest fundraiser at that. Now that she's not organizing the team, they don't have a single rider registered for the B2B. Hmmmm....what a coinkidink!

    All I have to say to those that felt compelled to take organizing that team over is.....GOOD LUCK TO YA!

    Those of you who rode with us in the Houston-Austin on that certain "team", we had a blast meeting and riding with everyone. You were totally awesome for a great cause. A certain "MOJO" had a great co-captain out of Austin. Unfortunately their Houston counterpart is a piece of $hit.

    Yep, G...you can put Samantha and I down to help out in any way possible for this MS150.

    -KJ
    Nice Floaties.

    Man who stand on toilet, high on pot.

    God grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway.

  20. #40
    MoJo Mother Superior bikerchic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    austin, tx
    Posts
    4,043
    Quote Originally Posted by George
    With 113 days remaining until the 2005 H-E-B MS 150 Bike to the Beach Bike Tour, the event continues to set a record pace, surging past 1,200 registrations last week. This represents an 80 percent increase over registrations at this time last year.

    To date, the largest 16 teams are:

    Velo Valero (112 riders)
    Team Methodist (82)
    Mustang/Wood Group (41)
    Clear Channel Bike Team (38)
    Holt Peddlers (34)
    Team BP (16)
    SBC Spinners (15)
    SwRI Roadrunners (13)
    Cycling Crusaders (13)
    Team Bike Mojo (12)
    Hill Country Bicycle Touring Club (12)
    Team UHS (12)
    Team SAFD (11)
    H-E-B (11)
    Team Gore (10)
    Team Marriott (9)

    For those that missed the $25 early-bird registration special, here is another opportunity:

    Join Free Recommended Ride on June 18
    The Lone Star Chapter will hold a fully-supported 26-mile Recommended Ride at 7 a.m. Saturday, June 18, in Helotes, Texas. This ride replaces the June 11 Bike Rodeo.

    This is a great ride to help cyclists prepare for the H-E-B MS 150 Bike to the Beach Bike Tour. There is no need to register for this free Recommended Ride. Participants are required to complete a Waiver Form prior to departure and wear an ID wristband.

    Also, riders who choose to participate in this ride are eligible for a $15 savings on H-E-B MS 150 early-bird registrations. The special registration fee of $25 will only be available June 18 to Recommended Ride participants.

    The link below shows a map to the starting point at Roger Soler's Sports Store, located at 14405 Old Bandera Road in Helotes. For additional information, contact the Lone Star Chapter at 1-800-683-1627 or via e-mail at tony.ralf@txh.nmss.org.


    Training Ride Starting Point
    where do you get an ID wristband (at the ride)? how much?

    if I ride this yr, do i need a bikemojo jersey to ride w/ y'all?

    thanks!

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Search tags for this page (caching method: table)

2005 heb ms150
,

2006 ms 150 bike to the beach photo

,
conquer the coast bike jersey clearance
,
george longoria santonio bike mojo
,
george longoria santonio biker mojo
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •